CHAPTER 54: EFFECTS

It has been three hours since the incident (and the spirit of a sugar daddy that possessed me finally leaves) and I now realize that it took a huge chunk of my monthly allowance. T__T Wah! Bastards. Where am I going to find the money to spend this month?! I’m stressing out because I know that if I go to my pa and ask for more, he’d hit my head with his knuckles for sure. At least I still have some money left in my cafeteria debit card. The real issue is that I won’t get to go out and have fun anywhere for the entire month. T__T Noh’s life is so sad and depressing. T__T

I’m not in the mood to do anything. Naps and tic-tac-toe games are some of the things happening during the last period with Miss Patchree. I honestly have no idea what she’s saying in front of the class. Garbled noises enter my left ear and easily exit my right. I’m not taking anything in. No new knowledge is being acquired this hour. Sigh. How long until I can go home? I’m in my seat and I’m staring at the clock with the minute hand moving ever so slowly towards the number 8.

Dings

Yes! Finally! My sleepiness goes away the second the bell rings, right after Miss Patchee assigns us a mountain of homework.

“Yo, anyone up for soccer?!” Palm shouts in the classroom and everyone rushes to join him, including Om. (That bastard was the first one, actually.) “Noh! You coming?!” He turns to ask me. I’d never turn this down, of course, but give me a second to pack up my things.

Less than ten minutes later, Class 5 runs down to the soccer field with our messy and untucked shirts to join over ten groups of other students who are already having matches on their own. How do they manage this, I wonder. This must be our school’s specialty which can’t be imitated.

It’s my unlucky day though, since I end up on a different team from that bastard Om this time around. The way Om plays has never really bothered me, but this is mostly because we’ve always been on the same team. However, now I can truly comprehend what a despicable guy he is.

“Asshole! You’re such a cheater!” I’ve said this probably over a hundred times. This is Om’s idea of stealing the ball. He charges from behind me, covers my eyes and allows Ken to easily take the ball away from me. What a dick! I’m running out of names to call you!

Om laughs in my face after I’ve cursed him off. He runs over and high-fives Dong too. Whatever! I’ll get you back for this! However, when I try to play dirty, (for example, stepping on their socks so they’d get filthy or pulling off their shorts) it doesn’t work at all because Om catches on right away. Figures, he’s the master of all things evil. No one can beat him at his own game. He better not get careless though!

We play soccer while cursing at one another for a long time before we decide to join the junior high students. That is how we begin our harmless hazing (haha) where whenever a kid tries to steal the ball, Rodkeng would pick him up and raise him into the air. We’re pretty much picking on them instead of playing soccer at this point (hahaha). I sit down on the field and watch Rodkeng carrying an underclassman on his shoulders. He runs around the field as though he’s celebrating an Olympian. Everyone cracks up at the sight.

Don’t think that Om will allow Rodkeng to one up him though, as he runs and picks up another junior high student then rushes to where Rodkeng is. A war breaks out (do you guys think you’re elephants?) between the kids. Whenever one of the kids tries to hit the other, Om would playfully back away so that he’d be out of reach. This entire thing is hilarious. It goes back and forth for a while and I wonder if they realize it’s getting quite ridiculous.