CHAPTER 51: BANG!

I throw my school bag then turn on my computer once I’ve arrived home. I’m completely spent.

The corner of my eye catches the couple keychain Yuri and I bought from Loft hanging from my school bag. When she saw those keychains, she was so excited like a small child. She couldn’t make up her mind on whether she should buy the orange or the blue one. In the end, she decided to buy one for me and one for herself. I paid for them because I was glad to see her smiling like that.

The smile that I just destroyed.

This self-loathing is over taking every inch of my body. I can feel it at the tip of my fingers. I weakly sit down on the chair in front of my computer. I want to just sleep and get away from all these feelings I have, but I gave Keng my word that I’d help him with his Biology drafts and send the file through MSN. If it weren’t for this, I would have already shut myself from everyone and went off to live in a dream world instead.

You may start worshipping here says:
Send me the files now. This is a stick up.

Speak of the devil, Keng sends me a message the second I signed in. I shake my head wearily before I click the ‘send file’ button instead of typing a reply.

You may start worshipping here says:
Saw your girl at Siam today.

But Keng wants to keep chatting. His message is making me curious. I furrow my brows and stare at those letters before I proceed to type a reply.

Noh says:
Who?
You may start worshipping here says:
Your Japanese girlfriend?

He saw Yuri?! When?! Was it after she left me?! I begin to panic and I really want to know how Yuri was doing after she left. How was she feeling? Did she get home safely? Was she crying a lot? But it seems Keng won’t be able to provide me with the answers I’m looking for.

You may start worshipping here says:
Around this evening. She was keeping her head down. I was gonna say hi but she caught a cab and left before I could.
Noh says:
I see.
You may start worshipping here says:
What’s the matter? Feeling down?

I know I’ve mentioned this before but I need to say it again. Keng truly capable just like his name. Is there a hidden camera in this room or something?

Noh says:
No, you’re nuts. I’m laughing my ass off watching this stand up comedy right now.
You may start worshipping here says:
Asshole.

Why’d he cuss me out? Hehheh. I chuckle as I notice that he is typing something but the file had already finished transferring so I’m taking this chance to sign out immediately. Ah, give me a break just for tonight, dude.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Noh…Noh…Noh…”

Ma is knocking on my door just when my computer has shut down. I turn to look at the source of the knocking, feeling a little puzzled for a moment, then I get up to open the door for her. Ma is standing on the other side of the doorway with a plastic bag in her hand.

“Nong Phun came over just now. He said that you left something behind with him so he came by to drop them off for you.” I furrow my brows because I’m confused. I didn’t leave anything behind with him. I’m even more confused with Ma gives me the white plastic bag, but I’m not too concerned about what might be inside the bag. I’m still curious as to where the owner of this plastic bag is.

“And where is he, Ma?”

“He left already.”

“Oh, I see…” I’m a little perplexed, but I give her a nod and thank her for doing this. I suppose she notices that something is off since she is staring at me from my head to toe. “Don’t forget to take a shower before you head to bed, Noh. And don’t stay up too late.”