Chapter 4 : !?

“P’Phun, who is this?”

That voice spooked the hell out of me. Of course I recognize her. I know exactly who this girl, with an innocent face and slyness hidden in her eyes that is standing looking confused behind Phun, is.

There she is! The legendary nong Pang!

Is it too late to send out that Bat-Signal for help?!

I’m in shock to see this cute girl standing here as if I’m seeing a ghost. (To be honest, a ghost would be a better choice in my current situation.)

Meanwhile, it seems Phun has this situation under control. (I think?) He simply takes a deep breath before he turns around and gives his little sister a smile.

Hey…buddy. Can you not be so cheerful? I’m… scared…

“Didn’t you tell me you were heading to bed?” I furrow my brows the second I hear how gentle Phun is towards his sister. It’s no wonder all those girls at the convent are so into him. These thoughts enter my head while I raise my brows as he pats his middle-school age sister’s head. He’s such a nice brother. For some reason, this image puts me at ease. I can’t really explain it.

“I couldn’t sleep so I came down here to see if Dad’s home yet. But then I saw you.” The little troublemaker answers while she keeps eyeing me.

Aha, I look familiar, don’t I? (The last time I saw her was last year during the soccer competition.

Nong Pang came to see Phun, he was working with the supplies. On the other hand, I was working with the band. I was the one to went to get Phun for Pang myself.)

I flash her a wide and friendly smile, showing all of my 32 teeth. (I thought I was gonna rip my gums)

I see that Phun turns to face me and smiles too.

Another chill runs down my spine.

“Oh, well…a friend…came by to see me.” He turns back to Pang. Why did he put such a weird emphasis on the word friend? (He even stretched out that word!)

“Friend?” I can see it in her bratty little eyes.

Things are starting to feel not right to me. Are these two siblings playing some kind of a cruel joke on me right now?!

“Actually…” Phun begins to speak while turning to face Pang, but he also keeps glancing at me at the
same time. It doesn’t seem like he’s paying any attention to the panic glances that I’m giving him in return at all!

“You said that you wanted to meet p’Noh, so I asked for him to come meet me.” What was that?! I dare you to say that to my face without kicking me in the shin and surprising me! ##########! Ow! This jerk! He better watch out!

“I wanted to meet p’Noh?”

“You told me…that you wanted to meet my boyfriend, didn’t you?”

Since when did I agree to this?!

Did I happen to get amnesia or are you just making things up on the fucking spot?!

I was about to get up and hit him in the head, but he took my hand and gently held it before I could.

Is this what my life has come to…?

***

At last, I was dragged inside the Phumipat Resident. (I tried resisting this time around too.)

These two siblings are equally annoying. Once Pang found out that I’m about to become her sister-in-law, (I’m going insane here!) she insisted on her brother bringing me in for a glass of water.