CHAPTER 26 : KINDNESS

My fucking head is killing me.

That’s the only thought I have spinning inside me. My headache is getting worse, I feel like I’m about to pass out. I’d rather just lie down right here if I could, but who the hell is dragging me along anyway?

“Let go…of me…I wanna sleeeeeeeeep…”

“You’ll get to sleep soon.” I recognize the voice right away. “Phun…where…are…you…taking…meeeeeee?” It is taking so much effort just to spit out each word, ########## it!

“Taking you to bed so you can sleep. Please stop struggling, you’re fucking heavy,” Phun tells me as he moves my arm over his own shoulders. I feel dizzy and a little nauseated, like something is about to make its way back up my throat. “We’re almost there,” he says. I feel a tiny bit better hearing that from him.

We stumble around and make our way up the stairs. My head is still pounding as Phun is trying to open a door. I open my eyes to see that…this is his bedroom. I quickly close my eyes again.

Why the hell did me bring me here?! I wanna go home!

“Home! Take me home! Home! I wanna go homeeeeeeeee!” I’m using all the strength I have left to break free when I found out where I am. Although, I’m not completely sure why I’m making such a huge fuss over this.

Phun tightens his grips on my arm. “Quit being so stubborn. You’re pretty wasted. Do you wanna go back there so your pa can smack you silly?” He follows with some more nagging but I don’t know what about. By the time I’ve come to again, my back is against a soft mattress. It feels heavenly. I still have no energy left in me to reposition myself to sleep properly though.

I try to move around on the bed since I don’t feel comfortable. Phun ends up helping me by shoving my back so I can lay down in a better position. My head is hurting so bad that I am forced to push his shoulder to stop him, “Will you be alright, Noh?” What should I tell him? My head is about to explode at any moment. I don’t even have the strength to open my mouth to say a word.

The headaches are getting worse and worse, so I force myself to open my eyes. The first thing I see is Phun Phumipat’s face, which is close enough to mine that I can feel his breath.

The second I see those alarming black eyes staring back at me, I completely forget about my headache. It’s strange how there’s something in Phun’s eyes that entice you so much that you simply cannot look away. It is like they’re pleading with you so that you wouldn’t leave.

I stare deep into those shining eyes which are moving closer and closer ever slowly. Our faces are so close that we see each other very clearly. I can feel Phun’s hand gently caressing my head as our lips slowly touch.

But…

“Ugh! Bleurgh!Emergency! Emergency! Vacate the premise immediately! I shove Phun off me and jump to the bathroom so I can hug the toilet.

“Bleurgh”

“Heh heh, you’re throwing up? You really are a weakling.” I can hear Phun’s mocking tone not too far from me, but I’m in no mood to argue with him because I feel that puking is a priority right now. I can hear him chuckling in his throat before I feel a thick hand rubbing on my back.

“Throw it all up so you’d feel better.” Well, that’s easy for you to say! It’s a lot harder in practice! I really want to turn around and curse at him but I feel way too nauseated. I’m trying to force myself to let it all out, but there isn’t much coming out of me.

Phun patiently rubs my back for a very long while, “So are you throwing up or what?” I suppose he notices that I’ve been hugging the toilet for a while and nothing is happening.