Chapter 10 : ALL I CAN DO

I feel like my life is a rerun episode of some show because I am back here again, even though I was here just yesterday.

There are a lot of students and various types of workers nearby that are strolling around Siam Square, the trendiest and busiest spot in Bangkok. To be honest, the next thing I dislike most after snakes is actually walking around Siam Square because it's just so chaotic.

And really, if it weren't for the fact that this is important then I wouldn't have come here. However, I waved goodbye to Phun about half an hour and I have been secretly following him since.

I complain in my head as I keep tabs on Phun, who is not too far from where I am. I keep having to dodge him so he wouldn't see me. And since I'm tailing behind him, I can see all the girls that walk past him looking back and giggling among their friends. This is kind of funny. I wouldn't have known that he is such a hot commodity if I haven't been following him like this.

I continue following him until he arrives at the place where he's meeting...her.

But it seems like Aim isn't here yet. I watch as Phun walks into the newly opened Starbucks next to Pachino restaurant. I can see him clearly as he sits down next to the glass walls. (Well, technically all their walls are transparent glass.) So I decide to pretend to walk around in the area near Jousse store so I can keep an eye on Phun. He cannot see me though, he has his back to me.

I get angrier seeing Phun sitting there reading while he waits for Aim. That woman forces my friend (who is sick) to come out and see her, yet she has the nerves to show up late? This is just too frustrating.

I keep pacing back and forth around that area so many times that one of the shopkeepers there is getting suspicious, so I decide to walk to a booth and buy a drink. I come back and Phun is still sitting there in the exact same spot. Is he meeting his girlfriend or just looking a new spot to read?

Half an hour later, I finally see Aim walking up to Starbucks, still wearing her school uniform. Luckily, her skin is so bright that I spot her just in time to get out of her sight. I immediately pretend to be a shopper at Jousse. (The shopkeeper is probably bewildered since I kept walking in front of the store for ages before actually coming inside.) Because I know that my bright blue pants stands out as much as she does. These convent girls are quick to spot our blue pants that we wear.

I pretend to check out the clothes in the store (all women stuff) while glancing back occasionally to check on them. On the surface, they seem pretty cheerful. But I remember that before Phun left his house, his fever was already returning.

That's why I'm so concerned.

I patiently wait for those two to finish their coffees and cakes. It is a long while before they finally leave. Following them easier than watching them in one place. At the very least, I won't have a shopkeeper giving me weird looks. I continue to follow them on the bypass. I recall that Aim wants to buy some shoes.

But once I pop out of the bypass, I am startled by the sheer amount of people parading around this place. There are so many people that I'm starting to fear that Phun won't last. There are so many women stopping by to shop before they head home. The pathway to walk is already narrow as it is. I anxiously keep an eye on Phun. Not only he's still sick, but I see him carrying Aim's school bag and another tote bag too. I really want to smack him in the head for being unreasonably courteous.

I watch as Aim enters and exits stores after stores. But it doesn't seem like she has bought any shoes, or anything for that matter. What? Is it that difficult to shop for shoes? Is she trying to searching for a pair of Cinderella's glass slippers? Why didn't she think about what kind of shoes or which stores to visit before hand? Why is she dragging my friend around like this?