Chapter 18: Death Never Sleeps 2

"SAKURA!!!"

Sasuke screamed as he ran towards the cliff. Sakura kept falling down, her body hitting several rocks. "Sakura please wait." Sasuke ran the other way to get to the bottom of the cliff. When he got there Sakura's body was sprawled on the ground her clothes, hair all soaked in blood and the blood had slowly began to pool beneath her.

   "Sakura, Sakura wake up." Sasuke said trying to shake Sakura awake. Staining his hand
s and shirt with blood in the process. "Sakura please wake up." He had checked her pulse and it was barely there, and her breathing was shallow.

   "Sakura!!!" Sasuke cried. Tears poured endlessly and were followed by gentle sobs. "Sakura don't you dare leave me. You can't leave me."

    Several ambulances and police cars had arrived at the scene. Karin and her goons were arrested and led into a police car.  Sasuke refused to let go of Sakura when the medics came to pick her up. It took Itachi some time and effort to pry him off her. Sakura's parents had also arrived at the scene. Mebuki was crying endlessly into her husband's shirt and was being consoled by him and Mikoto.

   Sasuke just sat gazing into the stars, eyes red from tears. Naruto didn't know what to say so he just stood beside his best friend. Itachi was preparing the car to take them to the hospital. He seemed to be the most emotionally stable to drive.

    Sakura's body was lifted into a stretcher and she was wheeled into the hospital's Operating Room. Itachi had just gotten to the hospital by this time and when Sasuke saw Sakura he ran after her.

   "I'm sorry sir you cannot go beyond here." One of the hospital attendants said. Sasuke ignored her.
   "You can't go beyond here sir." She said again.

   Itachi and Naruto went over to bring Sasuke back. "leave me alone." Sasuke said as he was struggling in their grasps. He slumped to the floor and started crying again. Seeing this made Mikoto start crying as well leaving Kizashi to console the two crying women.

   "It's all my fault, it's all my fault" Sasuke said in-between sobs. "Sasuke it'll be ok, Sakura-chan will be fine, she's stronger than you think." Naruto said and then tried to lift Sasuke from the floor.

     The doctors put Sakura on the operating table and were prepping for surgery. There were three bullets in her body but luckily non of them hit any vital organs. But the doctors couldn't tell why her heart beat continued to drop. The heart rate monitor was quietly beeping, signifying that there was still life. One bullet had been removed. The next one was very close to her heart. Right under a major artery so the doctors had to be extra careful. Luckily the bullet came out successfully. Removing the last one wasn't as difficult. The doctors stitched her up bandaged and disinfected all  her wounds, and braced the broken shoulder. The minor wound on her head had also been stitched. As they were rounding up and getting ready to move Sakura to a normal room the heart rate monitor suddenly started beeping louder and faster.

    "I'll kill Karin with my bare hands." Sasuke said. "Don't worry Sasuke when Sakura wakes up you can both kill Karin." Naruto said trying to lighten up the mood. And it worked because Sasuke had smiled a little.
   "Yeah we will."

   One more time. We're losing her. The doctors were now frantic. They kept hitting sakura's chest with more volts if electricity causing her body to jerk each time. The monitor started getting slower and lower till it finally became a flat line.

    "I'll call it. Time of death  8:28PM.