Chapter 17: Death Never Sleeps

"Karin did this, I know it. She's the only one who would do something like this." Sasuke said.

  He, his parents, Itachi and Naruto were at Sakura's place trying to make a head of the situation.

   "Darling, I know the Kimizuki's are nasty people but this is a serious accusation." Mikoto said.

  "Mom I know what I'm saying. It was a normal kidnapper we would have received a ransom call by now. Karin is the only suspect here, I know what she's capable of. "

  "Yeah, Sasuke is right. Karin even started a fight with Sakura on her first day of school." Naruto added.

   "But why would this Karin person want my daughter? Sakura is always so sweet and harmless." Mebuki said with tears in her eyes.

  "It'll be ok we'll find her." Her husband tried to console her.

***
  Sakura woke up in a dimly lit place. It was like some abandoned warehouse. She was completely tied to a pole. She couldn't even remember how she got there. The last thing on her mind was that she took a walk.

***
  "I'm going to Karin's place I need to talk to her." Sasuke said.

  "We're coming as well." Naruto and Itachi added.

  "I personally want to talk to her mother so I'm coming too." Mikoto said.

  "We'll inform the police about this." Kizashi and Fugaku said together.

***
  They drove to Karin's house and saw a car leaving the garage.          "That's Karin's." Naruto said.

    "Drop me off here and follow her." Mikoto said and then came down from the car. She walked up to the house and knocked. A maid came to open the door.

  "I want to see the woman of the house." Mikoto said.

  The maid scurried if quickly and then came back again with Karin's mother behind her.

   "What a pleasant surprise! Look who's come to see me. Have a seat, have a seat."

   "I'm not here for pleasantries Aoi. I'm here to give you a warning to pass to your daughter.
   Tell her to stay away from my youngest son and his relationship. He doesn't like her and wants nothing to do with her. So please warn her or she'll come to regret her decisions." Mikoto walked out and slammed the door behind her.

  "Oh you're the one who will regret." Aoi said and laughed wickedly.

***
Sasuke and the others were still following Karin. They were slowly getting to the outskirts of town. Then Karin's car stopped.

  " We should stop too." Naruto said. " The road ahead doesn't seem motorable. Let's park somewhere hidden" Itachi added.

  Sasuke drove the car to a place that had mostly rocks around it. The place they were at was close to the mountains were the faces of konoha's past and current rulers were carved. The place was high and there were several cliffs nearby. Karin had stepped out of the car and started walking briskly. "We follow her." Sasuke said. They started tailing Karin slowly so that she wouldn't notice them.

***
   Sakura noticed she wasn't the only one in the building. There were two other people too but they stuck to the shadows and didn't Interfere with her.
    Sakura knew she had to find out as soon as possible. She kept tugging at the ropes that held her arms behind the pole. If she could get that one free the other ropes would loosen and she'll be free.

   The loud click-clack of heels could be heard as Karin went over to where Sakura was.

   "Well, well, well. If it isn't Sasuke's cherry blossom."

  "What do you want from me Karin?"

  "Oh you know what I want, I want the man you stole from me."

  "He was never yours, he doesn't even like you. And what does kidnapping me do to help you?"

  "Kidnapping you is the key to all my plans becoming a success. Did you know that dear little Sasuke is coming to rescue you? He suspects me so he followed me all the way here. Now imagine what would happen if Sasuke sees Sakura about to fall from a cliff and Karin is there trying to save her but she still falls anyway.

   Sasuke will be so sad, and all his hate for poor old me would disappear as I console him through the loss. Then I'll slowly snatch his heart for m- -

  Karin was interrupted by a punch right in the mouth

   "I've had enough of your nonsense you bitch." Sakura quickly ran out of the building before the men in the shadows could get her.

***
  Sasuke ran towards the warehouse only to see Sakura running away.

   "Sakura!"

Sakura turned around to answer but suddenly Karin was in front of her.

   "I've had enough of you, you bitch." She pulled out a gun and shot.

The first

The second

And the third shot sent Sakura falling down the cliff.