Chapter 12: We Knew Each Other

"Why do you have a picture of me??"

   "What are you talking about? That picture has been popping up in my head for some time so I painted it. How could it possibly be you?" Sasuke asked looking perplexed.

   "You really painted that? It looks so much like me when I was four or five."

   The painting was of a girl with shoulder length pink hair and bright green eyes. It looked just like Sakura.

  "Wait a minute, that means you made all the other paintings?" Sakura asked.

   "Sakura, I have other hobbies besides doing homework. Painting is one of them."

   "Wow, your work is amazing, like a pro."

   Sakura's rambling was cut short by Sasuke's phone ringing. He picked it up and answered.

   "It's my mom, she wants me downstairs. Come on let's go."

  Sakura followed Sasuke out of the room and tailed behind him taking in more of the magnificent mansion. Soon Sasuke got down the stairs to the sitting room.

   "So you're going to take two of these pills morning and evening, take some now." Mikoto said handing Sasuke the drugs.

   "Thanks mom."

Mikoto finally raised her head and saw Sakura. "Oh you didn't tell me you had a friend over. "

   "Good morning ma'am" Sakura said politely.

   "Drop the ma'am, it makes me feel old. Call me Mikoto."

  "OK Mikoto-san I'm Sakura, Haruno Sakura. Sasuke's classmate."

   Mikoto was silent for a period before processing what Sakura had said. "Did you say your name was Haruno Sakura???"

  "Yes." Sakura replied.

"Are you sure?"

Sakura was starting to get a bit nervous with Mikoto's questions.

   "Umm yes Haruno Mebuki and Kizashi are my parents."

   "Oh my god, it's really you." Mikoto enveloped Sakura in one of her motherly bear hugs.

   "It's been so long. You were only a little child when I last saw you, now look at you you're a fully grown woman. When did you move? Where do you guys live? What about your mom?" Mikoto bombarded Sakura with questions. She was so happy to see her again.

    Mikoto and Sasuke had gotten to Sakura's place. Mebuki was right at the door.

  "Miko-chan!!! It's been so long, I've missed you so much." She hugged Mikoto. "I missed you too." When she finally broke the hug she saw Sasuke. "Is that you Sasuke? You've grown so much." It was Sasuke's turn to be locked in a bone crushing hug.

   They all went inside. Sakura's home was also very luxurious but it wasn't radiating royalty nor did it maids running around unlike Sasuke's. Sasuke and Sakura went upstairs to Sakura's room while Mikoto and Mebuki stayed downstairs to talk.

   "So did you know that both of the kids are in the same school, and class? They didn't even remember each other but somehow they're still together. I'm so going to win our bet." Mikoto said excitedly.

   "Miko-chan you still haven't forgotten about that bet? It's been more than a decade."

   "You know I don't forget things easily especially if it involves bets and matchmaking." The two women began to laugh and talk about other topics.

***
   " I can't wait to rub it in Naruto's face that I knew you even before he did. He'll get so jealous."

   "But I don't remember ever knowing you though. And Naruto and Hinata have been my friends since we were little, we got connected through our dads. Naruto's dad and my dad are friends so naturally we became friends too. Naruto would always pull pranks and demand for ramen, similar to what he still does now.

   While Hinata's dad and my dad were business partners so somehow I always got in contact with Hinata. She was always alone and had no friends her dad picked her younger sister over her in everything. But we became friends when I found out we were in the same school.
   The three of us were the same in a way, we just wanted a normal unsophisticated life. And now you're one of us."

***
"Those are the most words I've heard you say in one sitting."

  "Hn"