Chapter 14. A New Love

The week went by and the mysterious new girl suddenly quit school no one really cared because they never even liked her. 

   Meanwhile Sasuke and Sakura had been spending more and more time together going shopping, watching movies and generally enjoying each other's company.

  Sasuke went home that day determined to ask his mom something and get an answer. He hurried home, took his bath, ate lunch and went to meet his mom in the sitting room. The perfect opportunity to ask her.

  "Um mum, can I ask you something?"

  "What is it, ask away."

"Err u-um I want to know how you knew you were in love with dad."

   "Ooh!! Mikoto was excited now. Sit down, I've always wanted to tell you this story.

  Long long time ago when I was still in highschool, a student transfered to my class and he was so handsome. I developed an instant crush. Then as fate had it we were out in the same seat so I took it upon myself to show him around school. 

  As time went by we got to know each other better, much to the dismay of other girls. We slowly got attached and I just wasn't myself if I haven't seen him for long. That was when I realized I was lovesick all because of Fuu-kun.

  "Fuu-kun???" Sasuke suddenly cut him.

  "Don't interrupt mommy. Now where did I stop. Oh I was lovesick. So one of the times we went out together I summoned courage and confessed my feelings. He said he felt the same way and that he was just scared I would reject him. So we accepted each other and the rest is history. History being getting married, several vacations and having two boys."

  "So dad was a big softie."

  "Oh he still is. Now just go to Sakura, tell her how you feel and I'm sure she won't let you down."

  "Thanks Mom, wait how did you know."

  "I'm your mother and a woman, I know things. Now go."

  "Now??"

"Yes, or do you want to miss your chance.

  "No" Sasuke replied quickly.

"Now get yourself to Sakura's place. My bet is on the line and take your car." She threw him a set of keys. A few minutes after Sasuke left another car drove into the parking lot. Itachi and Fugaku came out.

  " Mother, what's going on? You've been really excited since we came back." Itachi asked.

   "And by the way where is Sasuke's car?"

  "Oh just eat your dinner you two, I'll explain later."

***
Sasuke drove carefully to Sakura's house. He was nervous, he didn't know what to do or say. So he stopped to think of a strategy. He decided to call Sakura. He told her that he was coming to see her and that he had something important to tell her.

  It was already getting late when he arrived at Sakura's so he hurriedly said hi to her parents then they both left.

   "Sasuke, where are we going?"

  "You'll see."

  "Nice car you've got."

  "Thanks." Sasuke said and blushed a little. 

   Soon they were at the park. Sasuke led Sakura out of the car and into the park. It was evening so not a lot of people were there.

   They say under a cherry blossom tree. The colours of the sunset gave it a golden glow.

  "Sakura, I don't really know how to go about this, but ever since I met you I've had this undescribable joy. Being around you makes me happy. I really like you Sakura."

   Sakura just stared at him blankly. Shocked at his sudden confession.

  "It's ok if you don't- -

  "I really like you as well, and I accept your unspoken proposal to be your girlfriend."

  It was Sasuke's turn to be shocked. He just stared at her. When he finally came to his senses he suddenly leaned forward and gave her a little chaste kiss. Then pinned a necklace on her neck.

  Sakura looked down at the necklace. It was golden with two interwined hearts as a locket.
   "It's beautiful."

***
When Sasuke arrived home everyone was waiting for him eagerly.

   "How did it go, how did it go?"

  "I have a girlfriend."

"Yayy!!!" Mikoto gave Sasuke one of her famous bone crushing hugs.
   "I'm so happy for you. Now there's a big jab in the gut for those of you who thought my baby couldn't get a girlfriend."

***
Somewhere else Karin sat cross legged smiling wickedly. "I will make you mine.