Filmmaker

Plot: Sebastian helps y/n, student at the NY Film Academy, doing her homework.
Warnings: None. Mention of Thimotée Chalamet because why not. Not my best.
Word Count: 1180

Sebastian walked into the crowded coffee shop and scanned the place looking for an empty spot. He sighed when he realised all the tables were taken. The man walked to the counter and ordered a coffee and a piece of apple pie. The employee who took his order was startled when Sebastian said that he wanted to take it there despite the lack of places. He handed the actor his things and Sebastian wandered around the place, mindlessly looking for a hidden empty place to sit. Instead of that he spotted that girl sitting all alone in one of the booths. Papers, note books and a dozen of pens were scattered on the white table. She was holding a grey pencil on her mouth and furiously hammering on the tiles of her laptop, huffing and pressing the delete button erasing her last paragraph.

Sebastian smirked and walked to her booth. "Mind if I seat?" He asked "No, go ahead" she spoke without looking at him. He looked at her while she worked, her headphones tucked into her ears, her fingers lingered lonely over the tiles when she thought of something to write and the look of disappointment in her face that preceded an annoyed sigh and the suppression of a sentence, a paragraph or even a whole page.

"Stop staring, it's rude" she said, her voice muffled by the pencil she was biting. "Sorry, you just look so stressed" Sebastian said drinking his coffee. "School is stressful" "Can I ask you what you're working about?" y/n didn't answer immediately but finally closed her laptop and looked at him. Her eyes widened when she realised who was sitting with her.

"You're Sebastian Stan" she said "Yeah I know," he chuckled "But that didn't answer my question" "Yeah, I'm sorry. Homework" she spoke "Some kind of essay about a war or something?" He wondered "Nope, gotta write a script for a short film" she said and drank her coffee. "What kind of uni do you go to?" "New York Film Academy" Sebastian nodded mostly to himself "What is your script about?" "The film has to be sad and original and it can't last more than 15 minutes, but you know it's so hard." She said and threw her head back.

"I could help you" Sebastian proposed. "You'd do that?" She smiled hopefully "Yeah, just show me what you did and I can try and come up with something" "Okay, first of all I started with the soundtrack" she opened the laptop and went on Spotify. Sebastian got up and sat next to her on the booth. "The soundtrack first, huh?" he quizzed looking at the tunes on a playlist called 'script n°6' "Yeah," y/n spoke handing him one of her headphones "I always do the soundtrack first. On this one you have the saddest song ever sang since the sixties. It helps me get the mood of the film, then I do the aesthetic" she pressed play on the playlist and the first song was "Lucy" by Skillet.

While Sebastian focused on the lyrics of the song y/n opened a folder on her laptop also called 'script n°6' a lot of photos that could probably be found on Pinterest filled it, and many colour palettes varying from blue to grey and brown. "It's beautiful" he smiled "It helps a lot, like I now that the character of my film will be someone old, because the photos inspire me to write about someone old"

"Next step?" Sebastian asked mesmerised by the way she explained the way she worked. Y/n smiled and closed her laptop which confused Sebastian. "It's on my notebook." She reassured him while flipping through the pages of her notebook. "I write the ideas and I do the description of my characters." she handed him the notebook. Sebastian read the things she wrote there while she went to get another coffee.

"I have an idea" Sebastian said when she came back "Really?" "Yeah, listen..."

Five Years Later

"And the nominees for the Oscar of the Best Movie Of The Year are: 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' by Quentin Tarantino, 'Parasite' by Bong Joonh-Ho, '1917' by Sam Mendes and 'Random Love Story' by Y/n Y/L/N" the trailers of the movies appeared on the big screen. Leonardo DiCaprio walked on the stage holding the golden envelope in his hand and the Oscar in his other hand. "And the Oscar goes to..." he started leaving the suspense. He looked at the actors and directors and finally opened the envelope "Y/N Y/L/N with 'Random Love Story"

The cameras spotted y/n on the crowd of actors and directors, she was sitting between Timothée Chalamet and Sebastian Stan who both starred in her movie. The younger hugged her first and then Sebastian followed. "Come with me boys, please" she smiled at them and took their hands. The two men smiled and followed her on the stage.

"Congratulation" DiCaprio greeted and handed her the trophy "Thank you, I'm a great fan" she chuckled and hugged him. He shook Sebastian ad Thimothée's hands and left the stage. "Hello everyone," y/n smiled at the people in front of her "Well, where am I supposed to start? I wasn't expecting to win the award so I didn't really write a speech. So here comes the worst speech oh the Academy Awards History." y/n joked "Well, like everyone I would like to thank the Academy for giving me the opportunity to attend this fantastic event by nominating our movie. I would like to thank my parents for introducing me to the world of cinema when I was younger and supporting me when I told them that I wanted to study cinema. I would like to thank everyone who worked on the movie, the makeup artists, the stylists, the sound crew, the cameramen, the people who cleaned the set when we were done filming and of the amazing actors I got to work with. I wouldn't be here tonight without you guys. But from the bottom of my heart I would love to thank my amazing boyfriend, Sebastian, who never let me give up even when I couldn't write a certain scene or when I decided to throw away a script. He'd always tell me 'You know the script you're going to throw could get you an Oscar or a Golden Globe." He's be the one to stay with me and try to calm me down when I got mad at a character, even though I'm the one creating them. And he always made sure I didn't dink too much coffee. Well Sebastian, we made it" she held the Oscar in her hand and smiled at him. "Thank you everyone" she bowed and left the stage under the actors' cheers.

"I'm proud of you doll" Sebastian told y/n when they walked into their hotel room. "I wouldn't have done it without you" she hugged him kissed his cheek.