[Fine Line] Part 2: TPWK (B.B)

Plot: Y/n helps Bucky to be kinder and sweeter with people.
Prompts: "Givin' second chances,
I don't need all the answers"
"Our friends all pass away, It's okay"
"Treat people with kindness"
Warnings: none
Word count: 915 words.

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Since he went out of cryo and left Wakanda, Bucky has been living in the Avengers compound. He wasn't the Winter Soldier anymore, he was James Buchanan Barnes, Steve Rogers' best friend but had troubles showing it to people. He always thought that people were scared of him because of who he used to be. Getting people's trust and giving his own trust was hard and sometimes he thought that he had to stick with Steve and Sam for the rest of his life. Not that he didn't like them, they were his closest friends and he loved them, but unlike him they had other friends.

Y/n, Tony Stark's younger sister, had a huge crush on him since the first day he stepped on the compound. Unlike her brother she didn't hate Bucky for killing their parents. She was sweet caring and always tried to talk to Bucky. Steve and Sam explained to her everything about him. She wanted to help him but he never allowed her to, always avoiding her questions and leaving the room when her questions would become too disturbing.

"Hey Buck" y/n entered the kitchen where Bucky was sitting, drinking his coffee. "Hi" he mumbled sipping on the brown liquid. She poured herself a glass of orange juice and sat opposite him on the large table.

"Why are you always so silent? You only talk to Steve" she said planting her y/e/c eyes on his steel blue ones. She knew her question startled him but she needed to make him speak. "It's just..." Bucky started but stopped "Just what?" y/n asked "You guys are so united and I just feel like I'm the odd one out. And I feel like Tony really hates me." He confessed "I pretty sure that he does hate you," she chuckled "but I can talk to him. I don't hate you, and Tony doesn't really have a reason to do. And if you participate more to the discussions you won't feel excluded anymore." She put her glass on the sink and left the kitchen shooting Bucky a smile that he returned gratefully.

It was the first time he really talked to her, and didn't avoid her. Y/n was truly happy because she managed to get under the super soldier's shell.

"Tony!" Y/n shouted coming into her brother's lab "What do you want?" he sighed "I want you to stop being mean to Bucky" she sat on a chair crossing her arms over her chest. "Y/n, he killed our parents." "It wasn't him and you know it. I'm givin' him a second chance and even though I have a lot of questions about his past self, I don't need all the answers to say that he's not like that anymore. You should do the same thing Anthony," Tony didn't like it when his sister called him by his full name because it showed that she was really angry at him." You should learn to treat people with kindness" she added "I'll try" Tony muttered focusing back on his new armor prototype "I don't want you to try. I want you to really do it" y/n said and left the lab.

She went to her room and plopped on her bed. Someone knocked on her door. She screamed a 'come in' to whoever knocked. "Hey y/n" Bucky's head appeared on the little opening or the door. "Hey!" She sat straighter on her bed "Come in" she invited him.
James nodded and stepped into the room closing the door behind him. He glanced at the room, the walls were white and many posters of bands and movies were decorating it.

"What brings you here?" She asked snapping him out of his observation. "I wanted to talk to you about what you told me earlier." "Okay, sit down" she patted the place next to her on the bed. He obeyed and sat beside her. "What do you want to talk to talk about?" "How can I participate to the discussions?" Bucky asked looking at her.

"Well, try to talk. There's obviously topics you'd like to talk about. And you can try to help people. Like Peter and his history homework. Be more open and friendly. You can't stay with Steve for ever. I know about your 'Til the end of the line' thing but you know one day our friends all pass away, don't worry, it's okay, but when Steve will die, as late as possible, it will be great to have other friends." She explained. "I never thought of Steve dying, he seems so immortal" James admitted. "Yeah, I get it. Tonight Tony is organising a small gathering with the whole team try to talk and socialize" "Kay, thank you y/n" Bucky got up from the bed and hugged her before he left. A dark blush formed on her cheeks at his sudden action.

That evening Bucky talked to most of the team. He got along really well with Natasha and Clint. He talked about science with Bruce. Peter was amazed by him. And Thor gave him and Steve some of his Agardian alcohol. But most of the time he was with y/n, telling each other stupid jokes and listening to his anecdotes about the 40's with Steve.