[Fine Line] Part 12: Fine Line [C.B]

Plot: Y/n loves Carter but doesn't like it when he buys her too much expensive presents
Prompts: "I'm looking for something to buy"
"Put a price on emotion"
Warnings: none

Word Count: 858

"Hey Carter, I wanted to thank you for the dress" y/n said into the voice mail. Carter had to go to Monaco because one of his friends had places for Monaco Grand Prix and invited him, he didn't want to leave y/n alone but she told him that he could go and it was okay. Although he didn't have to, he felt the need to apologize and bought a Versace dress for her. It was really pretty but y/n didn't want it. She loves Carter but he always makes her feel like she's being bought by him, he always has something new for her, an expensive dress, shoes, bags, travels and a loft in the heart of New York all for her. Most of the time she sold the things, with Carter's permission, and gave to money to charities.

"What are you doing mate?" Samuel, Carter's friend, entered the shop where Carter was looking through the clothes, necklaces and other souvenirs. "I'm looking for something to buy to y/n" he said looking through the shining jewleries. "Get her a dress" Sam proposed "She already has a lot of dresses she doesn't even wear" "Shoes" "Nah" and it went on, Samuel giving him ideas of presents and Carter refusing all of them."You know what call her and ask her what she wants" Samuel finally said. "Yeah I'll do that, merci man" Carter said and took his phone from the pocket of his pants.

"Hello?" y/n said through the phone. Carter took in her tired voice and realised that it was almost 3 am in New York. "Hey doll, I'm sorry I forgot that the time is not the same" he apologised which made her crack a smile in her tired state "It's okay, how are you?" she asked cheerfully "I'm great, how 'bout my princess?" "I've been awoken, my prince" she said in a playful tone "I'm sorry doll. It's just that Sam and I are coming back to New York tomorrow and I wondered if you wanted me to get you something from here" y/n couldn't repress the eye roll and low groan she let out "No it's fine I swear, you don't need to buy anything for me" "You sure?" "Yeah..don't buy anything, please" she pleaded "Okay, goodnight doll, I'll see you tomorrow" he says and hangs up. Y/n muttered a 'goodbye' even though he didn't hear her and drifted off to sleep again.

---

Y/n was relaxing in her bath when the door of the bathroom opened, she opened her eyes and looked at her man standing at the doorframe. "Mind if I join?" He asked a smirk adorning his lips. "No, not at all" she smiled and watched him undress himself and made room for him to settle in the large bathtub. Carter sat behind her. She was between his legs, her back pressed against his chest.

"How was Monaco?" She asked taking his hand that was on her stomach "Great, French people are so adorable" he smiled and kissed the side of her neck. "I hope you didn't drink too much champagne" she joked taking a ridiculous french accent "No, I managed to stay sober, most of the time" he smiled.

"Hey, I know that you didn't want me to get you anything but" he started and stretched his arm to grab the jacket he carelessly put on the sink earlier "saw it and I couldn't not buy it" he added taking a satin little bag from the pocket, he opened it a dragged a shiny necklace out of it. "Oh my god" y/n breathed touching the golden heart attached to the chain. "Carter, it's beautiful" she complimented as he put it around her neck. The little heart dangled between her breast and Carter smiled. "I'm glad you like it doll"

She fidgeted with the chain while Carter told her more about Monaco. She wasn't really listening to him, thinking that she should tell him about the presents.

"Carter" she started and laid her head on his shoulder to look at him. He stopped talking and looked at her, his blue eyes only held adoration and love for the girl. Y/n extended her hand and caressed his cheek. The light stubble tickled the palm of her hand and she smiled sweetly at him. "What's wrong doll?" "I want you to stop" she stopped and stared at the water "Stop what?" Carter asked slightly worried "Buying me expensive stuff I don't even need. I just feel like you're buying me. Like you're trying to prevent me for leaving you by buying me all those things. You're trying to put a price on emotions. You know that I love you Carter, you don't have to buy me all of these dresses and bags and shoes. I just want to spend time with you. Like when we just met." Carter smiled and kissed her shoulder. "Okay," he breathed "No more expensive presents" "No more, I'm happy with you and I don't need anything else" she grinned and took his hand. Carter kissed her cheek and held her closer to him. "I love you princess" "I love you too"