Toxic [W]

Plot: In which y/n and Walter move in together.
Warnings/A.N: mentions of drugs and cigarette, smut, pregnancy, friends to lovers.
Hello, I am back!!! I know I haven't been really active on this book. I have so many one shots started I just can't get to finish, that writer block been hitting particularly hard. (I also got into anime and that doesn't help at all). This one is a whole ass fic I have written months ago. I know I should divide it in chapters, I swear I have tried but it was just too complicated. I am very proud of this one. It's about Walter from Rachel's Getting Married. Sorry if there's any typo, it's currently 11:19 pm as I upload this and I'm exhausted. Hope you like it, I literzlly put my soul in this one.
Word Count: 10k

"Look what my dad got me" Walter said, collapsing next to y/n on the couch of the common room. Rosa, the nurse, was watching the scene from the armchair opposite them. "What did your dad get you?" y/n asked, annoyed with Walter's over-enthusiastic nature. "A zippo!" He put the lighter in front of her face, the warmth of the flame tickling the tip of her nose. "Myers, the lighter in your pocket now or I'll take it" Rosa warned him. Walter huffed but complied anyway.

Walter and y/n have been friends since middle school, they did everything together, their first cigarette, first joint, first beer, even their first time. When they graduated from high school, y/n went to college and Walter started doing drugs and quickly became addicted. His parents couldn't keep him with them so they sent him to a rehab, she wasn't against it. Actually she thought it was a good idea. When Walter knew that she supported his parents' choice he stopped talking to his friend but she went to visit him every day he realised there was no use to keep being mad at her.

"Walter" she started, cutting one of his many stories."Yeah?" he asked, eyes wide, upset that she cut him at the best part of his story."I spoke to your parents and if you want to give up on your bullshit you can come home with me" "Really?" "Yeah, but it means no more drugs, not even sleepin' pills" Walter seemed to think of it, he stared blankly at the black screen on the TV in front of us. "Not even once a week?" Rosa shot him a glare from her seat. "Waldo I'm serious, I know you don't like it here, that's why I'm giving you this opportunity, but you have to fill your part of the deal. I know you can do it. Anyways, I have to go, my shift starts in a few hours. I'll let you think of it okay?" she hugged him and took her bag making her way toward the center's exit "y/n..." Walter called, making his friend stop and turn to him "I'm coming with you" she gave him a soft smile that made his heart skip a beat "Go pack your stuff"

Walter ran to his room and she went to the director's office. y/n knocked and waited for her cue to come in "Hello, I'm y/n, Walter's friend." "Hello miss. I'm Mr. Lewis. What brings you there?" "I want to take Walter home with me" She confidently said sitting in one of the chairs in front of his desk "I don't know if you can, Walter is quite a rebel" he chuckled but stopped right after she glared at him "Sir, Walter has been my friend since middle school, I know things about him he, himself, doesn't even know. And I have a degree in nursing and I'm studying psychology and psychotherapy. I think I can handle him" The center's director stared at the bold girl in front of him. ''I have to talk to his parents" he muttered, awkwardly, gesturing to the phone on his desk. "Help yourself" she smirked as he took the phone and dialled Mr.Myers' cell number, they talked a few minutes and he gave his attention back to her.

"You can take him but first you have to fill a few papers" he gave y/n a pen and the papers, She filled everything with her name, phone number, address, and signed a few more things. "So we'll call you twice a week to check on him and Rosa or one of the nurses will come every two weeks to see him. You can call us whenever you need" She nodded and thanked him before leaving the office.

Walter was in the common room, his single duffel bag on his shoulder, he was talking to Kym. "Your mommy came to rescue you?" "She's not my mom. And yeah I'm leaving" "Hey Kym" She saluted her "Hey y/n" "How's your sister doing?" Rita asked about Kym's sister, Rachel "She's pregnant" "Congratulations! That's amazing" she beamed at the brunette.