[Fine Line] Part 11: Canyon Moon [L.T]

Plot: Y/n trying to convince Lance to come with her to her parents' house on the countryside.
Prompts: "You gotta see it to believe it, sky never looked so blue"
"She plays songs I've never heard,an old lover's hippie music" (i changed that one a little bit)
"I'm going home"
Warnings: Is Lance Tucker being soft a warning?
Word Count: 1945 word

Opposites attract that's what they heard since they were younger but never believed it. Until they met eachother. He was always angry, cocky, selfish and really narcissistic. She was calm, generous, kind and altruistic. She always put people before her. He always put himself before people.

Y/n worked at the gym too, she wasn't a coach. More like a nurse, even though she didn't have a nursery degree. But she helped the younger gymnasts. She massaged the aching backs, bandaged the twisted ankles and prepared the mats for any exercises.

Lance only screamed and gave everyone the disappointed look. The girls tried to do their best but he always had something to say. "My grandma could do better" "You will never win any championship like that" "I saw a monkey at to zoo do better than you". He was always rude and most of all he argued a lot with Hope Ann Gregory.

After Lance insulted the girls y/n would always walk to them and compliment them on anything. "You know Lance, he's like that with all of us" she added everytime, she didn't want to girls to take his words personally. She made everyone's day brighter by her comments and her little actions.

"You gotta see it to believe it, sky never looked so blue" Y/n told the coach. "I don't know, am not really into that country stuff" Lance shrugged and focused back on the young gymnast doing her exercices. "Just give it a try, you will love it. Pwetty pwease" she pouted and gave him the puppy eyes "I don't know doll" the gymnast looked down at her. "Well, I'm going" she let go of his hand and turned on her heels. "What- Where do you think you're going? We're not done yet" "Gotta pack, I'm going home tomorrow" she said and took her bag. "Okay, I'm coming with you" Lance sighed. "Yess" y/n cheered and walked back to him. "See you tomorrow in front of my house at 9, don't be late," she kissed his cheek "and pack warm clothes" and with that she left.

The next day y/n was waiting Lance in her car. Her suitcase was already in the trunk of the car. A cigarette was lit between her lips and she held a cup of coffee in her hand.

Lance stood in front of her front door not realising that she was waiting for him in her car. Y/n saw him and hit the honk to get his attention. He turned around and saw her. She got up and walked toward him. "You should stop that" he gestured to her cigarette "You should stop being annoying" she sassed and took a puff of her cigarette and blew the smoke on his face. "Bitch" "You coming?" Y/n ignored his comment and walked to her car. She opened the trunk of the car for Lance to put his bag.

"I hope you showered 'cause were gonna spend four hours in the car together" she said and turned the engine on. "Yeah I did" Lance put on his seatbelt and watched y/n as she drove out of her neighbourhood.

"I wanted Hope to come with us but she had plans with Ben" y/n said "We're fine without her" Lance spoke. "I know you don't like her, but she's my friend and you guys should stop acting like children around each other. You could really be friends if you tried to. You are the same, two very narcissistic people." She took a gulp of her coffee and turned the radio on. "You think I'm narcissistic?" Lance asked somewhat offended. "I'm the fucking God of gymnastics" she quoted in a stupid masculine voice "but Hope is too, "I am a staaaar"" she added in a high pitched tone.

She parked her car on the side of the road to connect her phone to the car. "What are you doing?" Lance asked "You're not talking, I figured out that music could be cool" she said looking through her playlists. For the rest of the ride she played songs he has never heard, old lover's hippie music, loud punk rock, girly pop and fast rap.