⨳𝗣𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰⨳| 𝗧𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗺𝗮 𝗞𝗲𝗶 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 [Pt. 1]

You scrub and scrub, but the black letters won't come off, or even fade. 

Pathetic.

Your skin is turning red, but it doesn't matter. Why won't it come off?

"Honey! What does it say?" Your mom calls out to you.

Pathetic.

You storm out of the bathroom, red engulfing your cheeks, and run to your room. 

❤ ❤ ❤

Whenever someone turns fifteen, and the clock hits midnight, they get their soulmate mark. Your soulmate mark is the first word or phrase your soulmate says to you. It's supposed to be a milestone in your life, like a wedding or getting your first job, but sometimes a soulmate mark can be pretty vague. A single phrase like "hello," or "sorry," which wouldn't aid in finding your soulmate. 

But yours, oh boy, you knew exactly who your soulmate was. And you were not happy. 

The neat black lettering on your wrist was striking, and it would be hard to hide, but a little makeup would do just fine.

You cover the word, and open the door so your mom can enter. 

"Oh dear, what does it say? What does it say?" She asks excitedly. She grabs your wrist, but you jerk it away.

"There's nothing there?" She looks at you with a sad expression.

She grabs your wrist again, but this time her hand brushes away the makeup you put there, and reveals the word. The first word your soulmate said to you.

𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜

"Oh dear," you hear your mom mutter as you turn away. She leaves and shuts the door behind her, and you can hear her talking to your dad. 

You scoff, and jump into bed. It is midnight, after all. You drift off into a calming sleep, fueled by curiosity and your soft blankets.

❤ ❤ ❤

"Your face is so freckly, Tadashi!"

"Why are you so wimpy?"

They shoved him to the ground, taking their bags and piling them on top of him.

"You need to get stronger, so you're in charge of carrying our bags!"

Your cousin took your bag from you, grinning like a hyena. "It's okay! He's carrying our bags for us."

"But-" You tried to argue.

He threw your bag at Tadashi's face, making a red mark on his cheek. 

Tears filled his eyes, and his lip started to quiver.

"Seriously? You're crying?" 

"He cries over everything!" Your cousin laughed.

You couldn't move. You wanted to say something, to do something. But it was all happening too fast.