6|| VOICES IN MY HEAD

Step out of them voices...

Lingering in my ears
Can't hear my voices
I can hear the sounds
I feel frustrated with everything...

                                         -Stray Kids (Voices)

"Oh my God! It's 3:35! It's over! THANK GOD!"

    Michael's high squeal of joy from the staircase was the first thing that my mind could register properly, ever since Midnighty had left after threatening me.

There were so many things that it needed to process.

    First of all, the blank-faced Midnight Man himself.
   Second, his ability to control candles and read minds.
   Third, his power to disappear like mist, as if he didn't even exist. As if, it had all been a nightmare.

God knew what other powers he had.

And last but not the least, his warning.

"I'll be back, and mind you, this game that you've started now is going to have consequences worse than any Midnight game you've ever played."

The pain in my head was back.

I had never played any other Midnight game and I didn't want to. I was still trying to believe that it had all been a bad; a very very bad dream.

    Pressing my lips into a thin line, I refocused on the uneven piece of wax in my hand. In the distance, those familiar voices of my pals, the thumping of feet and the sudden creaks of the wooden floor board sounded relieving to an extent.

Was anything really going to give me relief after what had happened, anyways?

    Minutes later, Gabbie came running to my room, followed by Diego, Elvis, Mike and the rest.

They were safe. Good.

Wait....where had Gabbie been all this while? Why couldn't she come to the room when I needed her the most?

    I felt anger creeping into my veins, slowly making its way to my head as Gabs walked over to me. "Rose...are you--"

    "Where were you?" I spat ferociously, swiping the burnt candle in front of me to prevent her from coming closer.

"Whoa! Calm down!" Gabbie stepped back, eyeing me warily. " I got caught by him."

...What?

     He had been with me all the time, right? Could he clone himself as well?
Was it another one of his stupid powers?

   My shocked face must have set the alarm in her head ringing.