37

Steel Valencia's POV

The song 'This I Promise You' wis playing in the background. Everyone is wearing their widest smile. The venue is filled with bubbles and butterflies.

People wear black suits and white gowns. Men have blue bow tie while the ladies have blue-white flower crowns. The sea breeze makes me remember the waves that once hindered us to be here. The saltiness of the ocean waters reminds me of all the tears I and Flame had shed. Its blue color and deepness tell me that things often get sad and it takes a brave man to dive in order to get the most precious pearl.

I began walking down the aisle with my father beside me. The more steps I take, the louder my heart sounds. When I reached the end of the aisle, the entourage began walking.

Arkin, who was the cute kid that Flame met in a painting session, is our ring bearer. He's really cute. His cheeks are bouncing as he steps.

Jerwin and Janjan are our coin and Bible bearer. They look better than before. Jerwin has gained weight and Janjan became taller.

Veniss, the girl Flame met when she went to Baguio, is one of the maid of honors while Ryu Dale, the Laguna boy, became one of the grooms men. We also invited Jonathan, her Nevis friend, to be one of the sponsors.

"Chill ka lang, girl. Hindi aatras 'yon," said Carl.

He's here beside me. At first, he wanted to be the maid of honor but Flame opposed. The ending? Vivian became the maid of honor while Carl, who's currently pouting, became the best man.

"Ang pretty ni Vivian girl ha, in fairness. Jusko, kung ako 'yan, nagrampa pa ako 'no. Gawin kong runway ang aisle," he said while watching Vi walk.

Vivian really became a great help for us, especially for me. She organized my wedding proposal for Flame. On the other hand, Carl became my bride's best friend since college and I'm just thankful that Flame was with him.

The song changed into 'Beautiful in White' and I can no longer feel my body. I became numb and my fingers trembled as I stare at the hottest goddess in the world. There she is, wearing a long white dress and is... crying. Beside her was Lola Clarita and Kuya Alfredo. Flame personally chose them to accompany her to the altar since her parents are no longer here with us.

I was looking for a perfume as a gift for my mom when I heard a girl cuss. She's so pretty but her mouth isn't. I heard her talk to someone over the phone, asking for the perfect perfume. That made me want to start my own perfume company.

As she slowly walked and the distance between us grew smaller, I couldn't help but to reminisce all the hardships that we've been through.

It was busy and stressful day. Our company was looking for a model who could give us the best poster look. My employees had been spending their nights looking for the model that will fit for the role until an employee gave me an envelope with someone's portfolio.

Flame Salazar was the name written. Her looks were fine, uh, it's perfect! I told my employee that I'll be the one to talk to this model tomorrow. There I saw a woman who was in a rush. Late comers aren't welcome in my company but if it's her, I can make exceptions.

"Steel? As in bakal?" This girl's really something. Other women drool over me and knowing my name makes them want me more. But this lady, she's different.

"Flame? As in apoy?" I answered back. She turned into a red tomato. Uhuh, she's cute when she's annoyed. I found a new hobby – piss her off.

Flame reached the middle and stopped for a picture taking. She smiled widely and even if her face was covered with a belo, I could see how shining her eyes were.

We were in denial at first. I didn't know why. I wanted to get her but her opinion made me scared. She said that if she loves something, she'll let it live its life. Seeing it is enough for her. I hesitated to tell her about what I feel. I felt scared that she'll reject me, so I remained loving her in silence.

It was in New Zealand when I found out that our feelings are mutual. I've decided, I'll fight for her no matter what it takes. I prepared a wedding proposal while looking after the competition. It was a stressful week but the outcome–when she said yes–erased all my worries and tiredness.

Everything was going well as planned. I arranged all the papers in my company, all the unfinished businesses and prepared for future problems that we may encounter. All was well until a big wave came and shocked our peace that we almost got drowned.

Blade... The first time I saw him, I knew that he's my son. My dad wanted to have a test but I objected. I knew, I was so sure, it was my son. Flame found out about this and thought of giving up. Rara was a kind woman and she was sick so I had no choice but to let them live with me.

Flame was now in front of me. All the hardships and pain made this event worth having. Wounds make warriors prouder. I kissed Lola Clarita's cheek and shook Kuya Alfredo's hand. Now's the time, baby. This is it!

"Dearly beloved and honored guests," said Father Cariaga. "We are gathered together here to join Steel and Flame in the union of marriage. This contract is not to be entered into lightly, but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities. The bride and groom have each prepared vows that they will read now."

"Baby..." My tears began flowing and I can never be happier than this. "It's been a long journey for us. There were waves that almost drowned us but look at us, we're now getting married. I personally believe that only the unwilling gives up easily. So I made myself a promise that no matter what happens, I will fight for you, for us. I may not be the best boyfriend but I will do everything to be that husband you've been praying for. I love you baby and I want to spend all my remaining years with you."

I saw her wipe her tears before reading her vow. "Steel, the most annoying person I've ever met." I heard people laugh. Yes, I love it when you turn into a red tomato. "Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for doing everything for me, for showing me that real love doesn't give up. You proved to me that only the unwilling makes excuses before trying. Thank you for being with me and I promise that I will be there for you too. I will do my best to be a good wife and a mother to Blade and to our future children."

She wiped her tears and showed me her sweetest smile. She's crying, we both are, but I know that this is because of too much happiness our hearts can't contain.

"And now. Steel, do you take Flame to be your lawfully wedded wife and promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

“I do," I answered and smiled at Flame.

"And Flame, do you take Steel to be your lawfully wedded husband and promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

“I do.”

My hands were trembling when I put the ring on her finger. I was crying and so was she. We were exchanging glances and smiles as we go on with the wedding ceremony.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

The moment I heard Father Cariaga spoke, I knew it was me who found a treasure in Flame's eyes. I lifted her belo and gave her the first kiss we've been waiting for.

It was our first and I felt the background being surrounded with sky lanterns and fireworks. It was the best moment of my life.

She was the flame who brought out the best in me. This hot-tempered Salazar was the reason why I became who I am today. It's really true that flame shapes steel like how she made me the best I can be. Flame Salazar shapes Steel Valencia.