26

I spent the whole day in my room. Ate Betty and Ate Lacy tried to talk to me when they gave me food but I really didn't want to.

Umalis din naman sila after kong kumain and told me na tawagin ko lang sila kapag may kailangan ako. Hindi pa nagtetext o tumatawag si Steel, siguro'y hindi pa tapos ang competition. Ayoko ng ganito, dapat nando'n ako to support him pero siya rin naman kasi ang nagsabing dito na lang ako sa bahay.

Vivian... The girl's name. Sino ka nga ba talaga Vivian? And what's your role in Steel's life?

It's five in the afternoon when I decided to go out. Papasyal muna ako sa labas, kahit hindi ako marunong magsalita ng Frech. Maiintindihan naman siguro ng driver 'pag sinabi kong 'Eiffel Tower' ano?

"Ms. Flame, sa'n po kayo pupunta? Alam po ba ni Sir?" tanong ni Ate Lacy.

"No need. Wala naman siya tsaka uuwi rin ako agad, Ate. I'll be safe, don't worry," sagot ko.

"Miss, dalhin niyo na lang po ito para matrack namin kayo if ever maligaw kayo Ma'am. Sure kayong ayaw niyong magpasama?" Ate Betty asked and handed me a device.

"Hindi na po, okay lang po."

Sumakay ako sa taxi. Hindi ko maintindihan ang sinasabi ng driver. Sentence ba 'yon o question? Ah basta, sinagot ko na lang siya ng 'Eiffel Tower' tapos umandar naman na ang sasakyan. 'Yon naman pala e. At least nagkaintindihan din kami kahit papano.

Sunset na nang makarating ako ro'n. I took pictures of the tower. Buti na lang at summer ngayon dito. Kitang-kita ang kabuuan ng tower, dagdag pa rito ang violet sky. Ang ganda!

I walked around the tower. Since wala akong kasama at hindi ako marunong mag-French, nagsenti mode muna ako. I sat on one of the benches and plugged in my earphones. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the music.

And you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love then it softly leave
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love

I opened my eyes when I felt someone looking at me. Ewan ko ba, bigla lang akong na-conscious. Nang makita ko kung ano ang nasa harap ko ay bigla na lang akong naiyak.

There he was, bended on his right knee, holding a box with a silver ring. Around him were people holding plackards forming a 'Will you marry me?' sign. I also saw a girl about my age wearing a red dress who was holding a trophy.

Napatayo ako habang umiiyak. I didn't know what to do. Ano bang dapat sabihin? I was caught off guard. Hindi ako prepared sa proposal ni Steel.

"Baby, I've been planning this before we even landed here. I've been so stressed in making the perfect formula of Le Parfum Valencia and this, the proposal. You were there when I made my own perfume. You were there when I was so down and helpless. You stayed with me when I was busy and had no time for you. You're always there. And now, I want you to be with me throughout this lifetime. I want you to be my wife and the mother of our kids. Flame Salazar, will you be my Mrs. Valencia?"

A cat got my tongue. There were no words to explain how happy I was. All I did was to cry and nod. And when he slowly put the ring on my finger, my heart jumped in glee. The time, the place, the person. Everything was perfect. Steel proposed to me in front of the Eiffel Tower in sunset.

"I love you baby," he whispered.

"I... I love you too." There, I said it.

He kissed my forehead and smiled. Tinawag niya palapit ang babaeng nakadress. "Baby, this is Vivian, my cousin. She was the one who organized this since I was too busy for the competition. And here, the trophy. We won, Flame. Our Le Parfum Valencia won first place. It's all because of you," sabi niya.