chapter 28 | Real you

Start from the beginning

"I won't ever leave you, Jungkook...I'll stay with you no matter what..." I pass the back of my hands over my cheeks, staring at him but suffocating in all the pain and anguish. "You should..." he turns his head in my direction and gets us into eye contact, a heartrending one. "You should go away...leave the disgusting guy I am...I don't deserve your love, y/n...I'm horrible..."

"No, you're not," I contradict his wrong statement. "You're a good person...a good man. I'm maybe immature, but I'm not stupid, I know what is right and what is not. I know you're not a pervert, you're not disgusting, what my dad said is fucking bullshit, he never let me date anyone anyway, so he would find all kinds of reasons to keep me away from you...You're someone good, Jungkook...you never did anything wrong or bad to me. I'm the one who touched you and caused this, I started it because I love you, I don't care about what people say, I know who you are and how you think, so I don't give a fuck about those dumbfucks who might call you a pervert or anything like that...I know you're not."

He gazes into my eyes, his face full of grief paining me. I pass my fingers over his cheeks to get rid of those tears I hate to see on his face, "I'm so sorry...you must be hating me...if I didn't do anything...if I didn't hug you so many times...if I didn't fall in love...you wouldn't have lost your job...you wouldn't feel so bad for liking someone...if you want to stop our relationship, I'll understand...I won't hate you...but I'll be there for you...I'll help you with the money I earn from my block release training..."

I drop my eyes down on his lips but glance at the glass he's still holding, smelling the alcohol whenever he speaks. I grab the glass and put it on the coffee table since I know that the bottle was still full this morning. I put my arms around him and hold him tight.

"I do not hate you, y/n...I'll never do..." he sniffles. "But you should go home..." he says, not aware of the fight I had with my father. "They don't want me anymore..." I stare into space, feeling hurt by my own words and their meaning. "I don't have any house anymore..."

"What...?" his faint voice gets his breathing to blow in my hair, but I tighten my hold around him. "I told my father I would stay with you because I love you...so he said not to go back home anymore...and to never go back to him or my mom..." I choke up on my words, not believing what is happening to me and the things I'm telling him. "I'm sorry...if you don't want me here anymore...I promise I'll find a solution..."

"Do you think I'm going to leave you with no house?" he lets out, but I keep my face on his chest and wipe my tears away. "I'm going to keep you here as much as I can, I'm going to try to find a new job quickly. I put some money aside every month after what happened, this scared me so much that I started to do this so...we can last for some weeks after the end of this month...I don't even care about myself...I'm terrified for you now...what I feared is happening, your future could be ruined because of me, because I let my feelings have the control on me..."

I raise my chin up to look into his eyes. His arm finally moves to get us closer, and he places his hand in the back of my head, tangling his fingers in my hair. "I won't let you down. Okay? Even if I ever lose everything...I'll give you the money I can get by selling my stuff to make sure you can live without any problem."

"I don't want you to do this," I shake my head to show my disapproval. "No matter what you tell me, I'll do it," he faintly smiles, his sadness still not fading away. He brushes his thumb past my cheek and presses a kiss on my forehead. "I called my parents...and I talked with them..." he mentions them for the first time, gazing into my eyes with deepness and fondness. "They both told me they understand and don't think I'm disgusting...they know I'm not a bad person...they know who I am, and they don't care about what people say about me, if I'm in love with you, I'm sincere, that means I'm in love with the person you are. I fell in love with the person you are, your personality, your qualities but also your flaws. We have many things in common no matter our age gap, so I don't want to break that and destroy it. However...if you want to stay with me...you should know that I want to build a family...it's really important to me."