SEVEN 💫

Last night was so peaceful even with it being less than 24 hours since I had Sophia. Trent wasn't allowed to stay because of the virus and so it was just me and Sophia. Trent had been messaging all night to make sure we were both ok and honestly he was so amazing. She had a little routine of sleeping most of the time but feeding every 2/3 hours and i was able to feed her myself.
I was currently feeding Sophia when there was a knock on the door and in walked Karen "Morning, wow your glowing still" she said as i laughed "Morning karen" i said as she smiled "How are you both?" She asked as she walked around the bed so she could get a closer look of Sophia "She's amazing" karen said as i smiled looking down as she fed. "She's been feeding every 2/3 hours and I'm amazing" i said as Karen nodded "right well that's brilliant, the doctor will be in soon to do like her eyes, ears and heart check ups and just to make sure everythings running smoothly. I'll need you to take a wee sample so we can test it. Providing that all comes back ok and then you'll be able to go home" karen said as Sophia had finished feeding and I put my boob away and karen smiled "Can i have a little hold?" She asked and i nodded handing her over to Karen.

Karen had gone as one of the other women had gone into labour and Sophia was fast asleep when there was a knock at the door and in walked trent wearing tracksuit bottoms and a grey hoodie carrying the Car seat "Hey you" he said as he walked upto me hugging me and giving me a kiss "Hey you" i said back as we both pulled away with him walking over to see and check on Sophia "She been ok?" He asked and i nodded getting changed into some leggings and a baggy tshirt. My belly had shrunk, it was still there but not really. I couldn't believe less than 24 hours ago she was till inside and i was still carrying her.
I went to the toilet and took a wee sample and took it to the front desk and then walked back into the room to see trent stood near the window with sophia in his arms. I smiled as i watched him kiss her forehead.

After a while of watching trent cuddle with sophia I got some clothes out which consisted of a sleepsuit and a hat. I sat on the bed and watched as Trent changed her bum and got her changed and she just lay there. As trent had finished changing her there was a knock at the door and in walked the doctor "Hello Maia, im Mr Smith and I've come to do a quick check up" he said as i nodded and so did trent as he stood there watching.
The doctor started with her earing test and she wouldn't answer so I interrupted him "Sophia hello baby" i said as she turned her head in response to me shouting her and the doctor smiled and nodded.
He checked her heart over and then checked her eyes over and everyone came back ok. He looked at both me and trent "Your daughter is really healthy" he said as we both smiled. He picked up his equipment he had brought in with him and left the room leaving just me, trent and Sophia.

Sophia had been fed again and the nurse had came and gave Sophia the vitamin K Jab to prevent her from developing the rare Blood disease that some babies get, Sophia cried a little when the nurse gave her the jab but i calmed her down and she fell asleep. Me and Trent were just sat there watching her sleep "I'm so proud of you" trent said as he grabbed my hand squeezing it and i looked at him and smiled "Love you" i said and he smiled too. Karen came walking in smiling "I have good news" she said as i looked at her and smiled and she looked at me "You can go home, everything came back ok. Just keep an eye on your bleeding and if you need anything please ring" she said as i nodded and she came over to me and gave me a hug "I'm going to miss you both" she said as she hugged me and Trent and then stroked Sophia's head and i looked at her "Thank you for everything you've done for me and for Sophia. We will forever be grateful" i said as she smiled "Your both very very welcome" she said as i smiled. She wiped at her eyes as she gave me and trent another quick hug and waved to Sophia who was fasr asleep still and headed out the room.
I started packing up my bag and sophias bag as trent put her in the car seat and she looked so much tiny than what she was.

I had packed everything up and trent carried the car seat as Sophia lay asleep and carried the bags too so I wasn't carrying anything except holding onto his arm. I said goodbye to everyone and we made our way downstairs and to his car with me immediately opening the door as he unlocked the car and got in sorting out the locks for the car seat to go in and trent placed the car seat in and then put the bags in the boot of the car and then got in doing up his seatbelt as i had finished fastening Sophia in and i did my seatbelt and we started making our way home home from the hospital as a three rather than a two.
We arrived home with trent parking up and helped me get out after i undid my seatbelt, i opened the boot of the car taking mine and Sophia's bags out as Trent took the car seat out of the car and locked the car and we both walked up the driveway. We got to the door with trent opening it and we both walked in the dogs usually would run up to me but they didn't this time, i closed the door while trent waited for me as i put down the bags and even though this house wasn't mine but It felt so good to be back home.