XXIV

To be truthful parties aren't my thing unless I knew someone who could make it memorable.

And I have two of them.

"Az?" I turned my head to the door. I wasn't able to move my body since I had a tailor named Jose fixing the back of my dress.

"Hey, Vince." My eyes wandered down his stature taking in his suit. Our clothes matched. His tuxedo a deep red with an intricate black vest under it. My eyes flicked to mine the same wine colored that lightly flowed down to the ground. It was spaghetti strapped and backless. My hands ran over the satin finished material.

"You look stunning." My face heated up and I looked over to him.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I lightly spoke. I watched as his eyes flicked up to my hair which was straightened and pinned back.

"I'd prefer your curls, but your hairs beautiful as well." His attention to Jose who I saw in the mirror dusting off her pants. "Are you done Ms. Jose?"

"Yes sir, no draping." She smiled which showed her little gap between her front teeth which I found cute.

"Thank you Jose, I don't know what I'd do without you." I spun around to look at the back which previously draped to far down to the point it was close to exposing my undies.

"Oh no problem Mrs." She bent down and gathered her supplies and tools before taking her leave. "Call me if you need anything else."

I hummed in satisfaction as I ran both hands down my dress. There are days where I liked being dolled up, other days I'd rather wear sweatpants and a oversized shirt, or no pants at all. I was pretty excited, not only are we going to a well known ball, I get to go with the two people who are the opposite of boring.

I was relieved there will be no standing next to Vince as he talked business to older people. The feeling of falling asleep was overwhelming in every ball. It was either that or I silently stuffed my face with the exotic food.

Another pair of hands gripped my sides and followed behind mine. My mind snapped out of the daze and I noticed Vince shifted from his spot at the door to behind me.

"This material feels amazing." He whispered. He then proceeded to ball it up in his hand as he gripped my hips. My heartbeat spiked as one thought shot through my head.

Wrinkles.

"Ah- No no." I grabbed his hands and peeled them off my dress. "You are not messing my dress up." I sternly noted pushing his hands back to his side. I swiped down the dress trying to get the ripples out then turned swiftly around to him.

His usual face was blank, but there was a hint of a pout on his face. I patted his chest then stepped of the platform. I picked up my phone looking at the time. We were to leave here in about an hour and a half, but Val and Lilah were supposed to be here by then.

"Where are-" I heard jingling echo from the hallway and rapid footsteps. I suppressed a smile as I slightly skipped down the hallway to see my friends.

"Lilah, Val!" I yelled as I saw them. They both looked absolutely gorgeous. They both matched with navy blue colors. Lilah dress was similar to mine, but backless and had a long slit on her right leg. "You both look amazing." A grin forced its way onto my face and I shuffled over to them.

"We could say the same thing to you Cherie." Lilah raises her brow and looked me over. Val played with a strand of hair that wasn't pinned back. He also had a bright smile on his face, which caused mine to go wider.

"We're definitely getting drunk." He bluntly stated and I laughed.

"Hey didn't you say there was a movie theatre?" Lilah head looked in different directions, seemingly looking for it.