VII

I woke up from the best sleep I ever had in a long time. I went to reach for my glasses. Not being able to find them I opened up my eyes and see, I wasn't in my room.

I sat up quickly and pat myself down. Definitely wasn't a dream. I looked over on the other side of the bed and see a lump. Fear ran through me until I realized something. My hand went to my chest and I slumped over.

Now I remember. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten up yet to do work. Then I remember that I basically do all his work.

Knowing I took the day off, I wasn't so worried about work. Then the fact that my boss is right next to me. I slid out of the bed and glanced at my watch. 9:00 am, slept for four more hours. Maybe Since I got up at four and went back to sleep I woke up early.

I grabbed my purse and dug into it to find wireless earbuds. I slowly exited the room so I wouldn't wake up the sleeping goblin.

I padded down the hall barefooted and stepped down the marbled steps. I guessed his mother and sister left because there was no sign of them. Or they could've still been sleep.

I reached the bottom of the steps and is immediately baffled. I was so caught up last night I didn't take in the beauty of this home. The house is so modern and sleek everything is up to date. The living room is gigantic with a fifteen foot wide L shaped couch. A TV bigger than me is mounted on top of a white fire place and a glass coffee table in between the couch and TV.

I walk passed the living room and gaped at the kitchen. I am going to have some fun. Ever since I was little I have been in love with cooking. My mother tought me everything she knew on how to make things from scratch.

I plugged in my earphones and cackled. I put on Chris Brown and his songs started blasting in my ears. I danced to the cabinets and opened every single one to see what is where. I tapped my chin thoughtfully on what to cook.

Usually in the mornings I eat a basic a croissant and coffee. Since I got options and time, though I decided on a croque madame, which is just ham, cheese, and fried egg sandwich and crepes. I took out pans and the ingredients and get to work.

About an hour had  passed by of me cooking.

"Weekdays, it's not enough, weekends be short as fu- ah!" My heart almost jumped out my chest when I turned around. My boss stood there, arms crossed staring at the pan in my hand. I tightened my grip around the pan and put a hand on my heart.

"Mon Dieu." I let out a breath and brushed past him to put the crepes on the plates. I paused my music to see what he wanted.

"What are you doing." He gruffly said clearly just woke up. I walked back and forth plating the food.

"Plating the food." I said in a obvious tone. His face almost unnoticeably frowned.

"Why?"

"Because I can and I'm hungry." I looked into the fridge and grabbed orange juice.

"You also don't have any sweets, at all." I wanted something sweet while I was cooking, but he literally has all organic stuff, no sweets, no snacks.

"I know." His eyes continued following me back and forth. I stopped in my tracks then faced him.

"Why? You need delicious delicacies." What is wrong with this abomination.

"You burn sugar before you burn fat."

"What fat? You don't have any!" My hands gestured towards his body. This many is all muscle.

"Exactly, and I want it to stay that way." I couldn't believe this man.