57-Eccedentesiast

Start from the beginning

Tae held my hands and I squeezed them hard, as the memory of those dark days resurfaced.

"He was there with me throughout my pregnancy. And then she was born. Cho Hee." I smiled at the memory of holding her for the first time.

*Flashback*

"Congratulations. You have daughter." The doctor announced as I cried in relief.

"You've done well." Dae hyun said as he patted my head. I was holding onto his hand.

Why was he there?

He invited himself. I told him to leave but he insisted to be there. I told him that I didn't want him to see me in such a condition but he flicked his hand completely ignoring me.

The nurse brought my baby to me. We were still in the theatre. She was crying, my beautiful baby. It was the first time a cry sounded sweet to my ears.

"Hello baby!" She stopped crying for a second before continuing again.

"She recognizes your voice Saura." The doctor told me. I was in the place I worked after all and everyone there knew me well.

It was awkward but I felt much more safe. I trusted them all.

"Of course she would." I said softly looking at her soft features.

She had wheat colored skin, quite a few shades lighter than mine. Big and pretty eyes, with wavy hair like mine. Her tiny nose and plump pink lips resembled her father though. I smiled at her.

She was something that Jimin and I had created. A symbol of our love.

"I love you." I whispered to her.

*End of flashback*

"She is everything that I have now." I finished, looking at Tae.

Two pairs of teary eyes looked back at me, making me choke a laugh.

"Mom!" I turned to see Cho running to sit by my side.
"See what Uncle Jin got me!" She shoved a RJ plushie into my face.

I looked at the plushie and then at Jin who gave me a cheeky smile. I shook my head at him and pulled Cho onto my lap, leaving the chair next to me free for Jin. He sat down placing a number of bags on the table.

I looked at all the bags, at Cho and then at Jin.

"Did you buy her all that?" I asked horrified.

"Uh huh." He replied, stealing Jungkook's coffee and taking a sip from it.

What was I going to do with these boys? Now that I think of it, life was pretty peaceful without them.

"Cho, what did I tell you about getting things from strangers?" I asked her sternly.

Jin swallowed the drink in his mouth and glared at me. "Am I a stranger to you now? Seriously? After all those days..."

"Jin!" I stopped him before he spluttered any more stuff before Cho.
"She is not supposed to get anyone buy her these many things! And not in front of her, please!" I glared back at him.

"Jin, you shouldn't be saying that when you have a child too but yeah Saura, we aren't strangers. Why would you say that?" Jungkook said to me but his eyes were glued to Cho.

Before they got into a fight, I introduced Kook to Cho.
"Cho, this is Uncle Tae and Jungkook. Introduce yourself."

"Hello. I'm Cho Hee Roy." She bowed politely, making everyone smile.

"Hello! How old are you?" Kook asked, flashing a bunny smile at her. Cho blushed.

Oh dear. Was she falling for his charms? He was handsome, no denying that.