7- Skepticism

* having a doubt*

Dedicated to MistySparks709
______________________

"..... Really fluffy and jumps at me every time I return from work. Oh, I love him. He's been there with me, all throughout my teenage years. He knows all that I went through." We both were laughing out loud.

"What's his name? " I asked him, taking a bite of my cake. Remind me to get the whole cake when I return home. It tasted heavenly, sending tingles all the way down to my toes.

"Gureum." He smiled and showed me the picture of his dog on his phone.

"Cloud???? OH MY GOD! He is sooooo cute and fluffy, awwwww. No wonder you call him a cloud!" I started gushing and leaned forward to take a closer look, placing my hand on the table top, when he turned my hand around and placed his phone on my palm.

I gave him a blank look.

"Take your time admiring him. You look too cute." He smiled and sipped his coffee while leaning back on his chair. I blushed.

No one, and I mean no one trusts a stranger with their phones. We weren't exactly strangers, but we didn't know each other well either. This was practically the first time we were meeting each other. This was a probably a sign from his side showing that he trusted me. It drew a smile on my face.

"Are you alright? You have been staring at my face for way too long. I have fairly good features and I know I look quite handsome. But you are making me blush with all this sudden attention." He said. His pale skin was being painted with beautiful streaks of pink, under my gaze.

I gave him a pointed look, raising my eyebrow.

"I am kidding." He chuckled.

"You are handsome Dae -Hyun." I smirked, seeing him blush a deep shade of red. Oh, I could have drawn blood if I ran my nails across his face. Poor guy was blushing so hard. Cute.

"And you look stunning. I've been watching you for a while. You turn quite a few heads." I guess it was my time to blush. Ugh... it had been too long since I received a compliment from a guy. I should stop the compliments from going to my head.

"How old are you?" I changed the topic.

"27." He replied.

"I'm 25." I smiled. Perfect.

"I would have pursued you even if you were older than me. You are a very beautiful woman inside and out." He smiled endearingly.

Oh, I felt myself slipping. Don't fall. I chided myself. I was just getting to know the guy. It was too early to start falling for sweet words and I knew better.

"You don't even know me properly." I gave a questioning look.

"I've had my eyes on you for quite a while to know that you indeed, are all that you seem." He said.

"Creepy..." Oops. I said that out loud.

"Hey, don't judge me for gazing at someone I like from far away." He pouted.

"Accepted, this once. Next time, come talk to me straight instead of staring at me from afar." I shook my head wiggling in my seat. We had been sitting for about an hour and my legs were falling asleep.

"Shall we go on a walk?" He asked, signaling the waiter to bring the bill.

He noticed. Another 2 points to you sir. The bill arrived.

"Let's split the bill." I stopped him from paying for the whole thing.

I hate it when people don't pay for the things they ate. What you ate was yours to pay for. Also chivalry died ages ago and it was mean to ask the guy to pay.