Chapter 11

Laurie's eyes opened slowly – her vision was blurry, but her hearing was clear, she heard the sound of Doctor Loomis who chuckled when he noticed her coming to. Her arms were restrained behind her back and she was attached to a wall pipe in the kitchen that extended out and went into the flooring that held under into the panic room below them. Loomis stepped in front of her and she let out a groan as she lifted her head and looked up at him. Her lips parted and she cracked; "why?"

"It's simple really. I need to study him, learn to control him and learn to understand him. My grandfather was unable to achieve this, and he spent the rest of his pathetic life trying" Loomis spat as he looked at Laurie, he sat down in front of her so she could see him better. "He met this six-year-old child, this six-year-old child who killed his older sister because of something we will never fully understand. But after tonight we will. I will unlock what makes him tick".

"So, you're going to allow him to kill innocent people?" Laurie asked.

"Doctor Sartain was a fool; he didn't do it right. So, I came to correct the problem".

Laurie looked at him with anger. "It was you. You let him escape".

"Not only did I let him go. I forced the bus to crash" Loomis replied with a smirk. "This isn't about you, or these people. I could have selected anybody but because you were so important to this story it was poetic" he laughed. "Laurie Strode, the survivor, the fighter dies forty years later in a knife fight with escaped mental patient Michael Myers!"

Laurie moved her hands around in an attempt to remove the tape that was holding her wrists to the wall pipe. When Karen groaned and caught his attention, she pulled her hand hard, she gritted her teeth as the tape curled and dug into her skin. She felt it loosen but didn't move. Laurie turned and looked at her daughter and granddaughter. She then looked past Loomis and saw Cameron laying on the floor on the other side of the kitchen. Karen coughed, then Allyson groaned and lifted her head and looked at Laurie who smiled weakly at her.

"Loomis let them go. They don't deserve to suffer like this" she begged.

"I agree, they don't" teased Loomis. "But the more victims the more I can understand the mind of evil".

"An entire family! You're going to kill an entire family!" Laurie yelled at him.

"Not me" Loomis said as he stood up and walked across the room. He flicked the light on, and the room lit up to reveal The Shape standing there. "Michael".

The Shape turned his head and looked at Loomis then back at Laurie. Allyson thrashed and screamed in fear. Loomis opened the island and revealed the staircase. He grabbed Cameron and dragged him over and kicked him down then pulled Brackett in also. Allyson cried out as Cameron crashed against the floor at the bottom. Laurie's hand was free, so with her fingers she tangled with the tape on the other while keeping her eyes on The Shape who turned again and looked at Loomis.

"You see, Michael understands me. He knows what I'm doing and as long as I don't get in his way he won't get in mine" he panted as he approached Tommy who remained unresponsive. He untied him then dragged him back across the kitchen to the staircase, he shoved him down then dropped back and sat against the wall. "Isn't that right, Michael?" he looked at Doctor Loomis and then looked away again.

Laurie freed herself as The Shape then suddenly reached down grabbed Doctor Loomis by the skull and began squeezing him as hard as possible. Loomis let out a stiff cry, Laurie untied Karen and Allyson and turned back to The Shape as Loomis was lifted off the floor. Blood was dripping down below him. Allyson crawled over to the stairs and looked down and saw Tommy, Cameron and Brackett stirring as they began to awaken. The Shape slammed Loomis into the wall then with the knife he was holding lifted it and stabbed him in the forehead, the blade went straight through and into the wall. Karen cried out and Laurie grabbed the revolver from the counter, lifted it and fired.