Chapter 3

The Shape emerged from a treeline along the streets of Haddonfield and collapsed to his knees where he continued to clutch his wounds. He lifted his head and looked around; the streets were now empty. Black and orange streamers drifted in the winds as they howled across the night, gates that had been unlatched slammed shut and then drifted open again and then slammed filled the air. A black gown swept across the road, it was covered in dirt and torn down the middle. He pulled himself upwards and stood tall, he turned to the right and began walking. Surely the news of his return had been heard by all. Sirens were heard in the distance. At the intersection, several houses down, a wave of fire trucks, ambulances and police cruisers sped through as they tended to the Myers house as it continued to burn. He watched them go across then go off into the night. He stopped where he was and turned his head, he was looking up the path of a small single storied house. He heard a radio playing from inside. He turned his body and walked up the path and silently climbed the steps and walked over and looked in through the window.

A deep voice was announced from the old radio, the MZDhB stationed was broadcasting the telling of an old horror; LOCK YOUR DOORS! BOLT YOUR WINDOWS AND TURN OFF THE LIGHTS. DON'T GO AWAY 'CAUSE HERE'S A SCENE FROM... AND NOW THE HORRIFYING CONCLUSION TO THE THING...

Inside was an elderly couple. The husband was asleep on the lounge and the wife was sitting with her back facing the doorway, The Shape moved back and dragged the door open and trodden inside and looked through the doorway and down on the elderly lady. Resting in the corner of the hallway was a white umbrella, he reached down and gripped it tightly and slowly tracked across the room to where she sat. "Oh, Harold" she said quietly as her husband let out a snore and she smiled softly. She lifted her head and looked at a picture on the wall and then looked closer as the reflection in the glass. "H-Harold!" She said louder as she turned in her seat to see The Shape standing there, he raised the umbrella and she gasped and scrambled back. He stabbed it downwards and she reached up and gripped it as it went through her throat and into the wooden table behind her pinning her to the table. Blood burped from her opened lips; her white teeth bathed in the red blood. Her eyes were wide, pain was rocking her body as she held the umbrella tightly.

He uncurled his fingers from the umbrella and looked down at her as she twitched. Her hands curled and uncurled in pain as she laid there, her arms then released from the umbrella and went to her sides as Harold's eyes opened slowly. Harold did not move at first, he silently sat there watching The Shape stand over his dying wife. Her eyes blinked quickly and came to a step, her eyes looking up at her killer as the life faded from her. The Shape turned slowly and looked at Harold whose eyes opened slowly. As he sat up and looked at the scene before him, he grabbed his shotgun from beside the couch and lifted it and looked to The Shape.

"What the hell? Who are you? What are you doing here?"

The Shape turned and looked at him, as he tilted his head to the side Harold prepared to pull the trigger. Harold walked towards The Shape who grabbed the shotgun and jerked it to the side, it fired and a loud bang filled the air. He shoved it to the floor. Harold backed away and then moved into the hallway and tried to escape from The Shape. The Shape stalked across the house (via a different route) to get him.

Harold walked into the doorway and The Shape grabbed his throat and lifted him, Harold cried out as he was slammed into the wall opposite. The impact was strong, and Harold let out a grunt of pain as he felt a piercing pain in his lower back. The Shape slid him up the wall, so his feet were dangling below and then he raised the kitchen knife upwards. Harold reached out with his hand to block the blade, but with extreme force it was stabbed in his direction. It went straight through his palm and into his chest then into the wall where it became impaled. The Shape stepped away from Harold as he hung there, his feet twitched as the nerves in his body burned with adrenaline.