Chapter 8

Karen kicked her door open and climbed out, the distraction caused The Shape to turn and look at her. Laurie let out a yell of rage as she threw her body into his and knocked him forwards. Karen jumped out of the way as he crashed into the road below. Laurie grabbed the revolver from her belt and aimed it The Shape, but he kicked her leg out from under her and she dropped to the ground and accidentally pulled the trigger and fired a bullet into the side of the car. Karen cried out and kicked him as he tried to sit up. Laurie pulled herself up and slammed the handle of the gun into his face which knocked him out cold against the road.

Laurie crawled up and placed her hands against his mask and squeezed it as hard as possible. "You mother fucker!" she cried out as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I got you, you son of a bitch!"

Allyson and Cameron watched from the car and Karen stepped away from him. Laurie looked at him and didn't dare blink. She ripped the mask from his head and chucked it towards where Karen stood, she stepped out of the way when it landed looking straight up at her.

"I have waited forty years for this night" Laurie said. "And now you're home". Doctor Loomis groaned and slowly sat up, he leant against the car and reached out for Laurie who looked back at him with anger filled eyes. "Are you okay, Doctor?"

"Yes. I'm fine".

Loomis assisted Brackett with getting up, Laurie turned and watched as the two stepped back. Brackett rubbed his forehead and squinted with pain. Laurie heard the sound of heavy breathing and she turned and looked back down at The Shape who had put the mask back on and was looking straight at her. Karen gasped and Allyson let out a scream from inside the car. He reached up and grabbed her face and began to squeeze, Laurie let out a pained cry as Allyson drove her foot into his head which forced him to release Laurie.

Laurie rolled over to the side and let out a pained groan. Loomis and Brackett stepped away from him as he rose up and looked at them. Karen ran around to the other side of the car and pulled the door open and climbed in. Brackett charged at The Shape and shoved him back, Karen and Allyson screamed in fear as they both fell out of sight. Loomis ran back to the other car and grabbed his weapon. Laurie sat up and turned and looked at Brackett and The Shape as they fought.

Loomis loaded the tranquilizer and aimed it at The Shape, when Brackett was shoved away, he fired but missed. It went past him and landed on the ground.

Laurie stood up but Loomis came back and grabbed her as The Shape slammed Brackett into the side of the car. The glass window shattered, and the girls screamed from inside the car. He held Laurie back from the fight as the two bodies danced with each other. Blood sprayed out from someone, a groan seeped from the mask and Brackett kneed him in the groin. For a moment The Shape seemed stunned, but he pushed on. Another line of blood went up the side of the car as they clashed. The Shape grabbed him by the back of the neck and turned him to the window that had smashed. One large shard of glass remained intact and stood straight upwards. Laurie broke free from Loomis' grasp and charged The Shape again.

"Get in your car and get out of here! Get to the town square!"

Loomis grabbed Brackett and pulled him away as The Shape sat up. They climbed into the car and locked the doors as Laurie jumped into hers. She drove off quickly, the engine screamed as she forced the car.

Allyson turned and looked back out the window.

"I don't see him!"

Laurie stopped the car suddenly and climbed out.

"Karen, get in and drive to town square".

Karen's eyes went wide. "What?"

"Grandmother!"

Laurie looked at Allyson and smiled softly before turning back to Karen. "Go, it'd fifteen minutes down the road. Get there and phone the police".

"Mum-"

"I'll be right behind you! Go!"

Karen climbed over into the driver's seat and looked up at Laurie.

"Mum, please get back in the car" she said quietly.

Laurie slammed the door shut and stepped back from the car. "I'll be fine! Go, I love you both!"

Karen was sobbing as she drove off. Allyson was watching her as they drove off into the darkness, leaving Laurie standing there completely alone. Loomis and Brackett pulled up beside her. She explained what she had to do, and they nodded and handed her their weapons. Loomis looked at Loomis quickly then back at Laurie who nodded and stepped away from the car.

She turned and inhaled and then let out a loud piercing yell into the air; "MIIIIIIICHAEL!"