Chapter 1

Haddonfield, Illinois
October 31st, 1978

Loomis sat in the back of the ambulance; the sirens blasted loudly from the outside of the vehicle as it drove onwards towards the boarder of Haddonfield. He looked past Michael and up at the cream white interior walls of the ambulance as the paramedics worked on Michael who laid there mindlessly, his eye was parted slightly as his chest slowly rose upwards and then deflated back down to a flat line then up once more. Loomis looked to the right, his eyes focusing on the road, he could see into the drivers cabin and out the small window at the front where he noticed droplets of rain that were hitting the window. A crack of thunder rolled across the night sky and then it began pouring down, altering the view of the road ahead.

"He's stable now, Doctor Loomis" the female paramedic said quietly. "But he will need treatment from the moment he gets to the hospital in Russellville".

Loomis snarled, his upper lip twitching. "He's not going to Russellville. I will arrange for a transfer when we arrive in Russellville, but I will not risk the lives of others by admitting him to their facilities", he said coldly. "Does this truck have a two-way radio?" She nodded. She turned and went upfront. "Patch yourselves through to Smith's Grove, tell them that escaped mental patient Michael Myers has been arrested and needs urgent treatment when transferred over".

"Right away, Doctor" she said to him.

Loomis lowered his head and looked at Michael. All it would take was one little injection of a needle and nobody would know what happened. But he could not, he could not go against his code of conduct and abuse the power that was given to him. He closed his eyes and fought off the temptation to kill Michael right there and then. He opened them again and turned away.

"What did they say?" he asked.

"A team has been dispatched straight away; they'll be meeting us there upon our arrival" she informed him.

She was in the process of climbing back into the back cabin to tend to Michael when all of sudden a burst of energy flooded across Michael's body. His eye shot open quickly, the pupil shifted in size multiple times before he sat upright like a machine, turned, and looked at the nurse and then extended his arm and grabbed her by the ponytail. She released a powerful scream that alerted Loomis of the situation, he cried out Michael's name is disbelief; MIIICHAEEEL! He reached up and tried to pry his hand from the nurse's ponytail. She thrashed from side to side as Loomis tried to free her. The driver had slammed on the brakes and the ambulance came to a sudden stop; items that were not strapped in screamed across the cabin. Loomis kicked the back door open so Hawkins (who had been following behind them) could see. He turned his sirens on then climbed from the car with his weapon drawn and ran towards the back of the exposed ambulance.

Hawkins dove in and grabbed Michael's arm and with all his power began forcing it in a direction that would leave it broken in the end of he continued to resist. Hawkins looked at Loomis who was struggling against his inhuman strength. Hawkins rotated his gun and cocked it back and then flicked the grip into Michael's face. The corner of the handle struck his swollen eye and he released the paramedic who dove from the ambulance and collapsed out in the rain as it bucketed down around them. Loomis grabbed the handcuffs from Hawkins and locked Michael down to the bed and stepped back and raised his weapon and aimed at Michael.

Hawkins watched him closely, he was wheezing for air as the fight against Michael's grip was intense. The rain pelted him harshly, as Loomis continued to stand there with the weapon aimed at Michael who was sitting up and looking at him with a cold dead expression, Hawkins tended to the paramedic who had thrown herself from the ambulance to escape Myers' grip on her. The drivers had come back around to collect her and hold her close. Hawkins then walked over to Loomis and stood beside him.