Chapter 18: Final Exams

"HIYAAAAA!!!! Why do exams even exist??!!!"

A bald head threw away all the papers he held on his hand to the air. Shrieking like a madman.

"Tanaka, stop shrieking! And why did you scatter your review papers? You're making the club room messy!" Sugawara scolded.

On the other side of the room, the 4 first year students were reviewing together. Oops, not 'reviewing together', more like tutoring the two idiots.

"It's impossible... teaching these two wild beasts is just impossible!" Tsukishima sighed, his face pissed.

"Calm down, Tsukki..." Yamaguchi uttered, trying to calm the glasses guy down.

"Oi, Hinata! Just because you saw the word 'oni' in this question, without analyzing you partnered it up with 'kanabo'?! How simple-minded, at least use your brain to analyze a little!" And at last, the blonde-haired guy snapped.

"That's right, dumbass!! Just how dumb can you be?" A raven-haired followed, ganging up on an orange-haired guy.

"You're one to talk, Kageyama! Before you say anything further to the shrimp, you should memorize those basic math formulas and english vocabularies!"

"I'm a Japanese! Why should I memorize those english words, I'm not even going to use them in the future!"

"Kageyama." A voice called out from behind Tsukishima. It was Daichi. The raven-haired looked at the person calling him. Daichi's hand moved swiftly, forming a sign.

"B-Quick."

All of them turned to look at Daichi, and then looked at Kageyama again. Daichi moved his hands again, forming different signs.

"A-Quick, C-Quick, personal time difference in front of the setter, left back attack."

The short test continued, and at last, Daichi stopped.

"How long did it take for you to memorize all of this?" Daichi asked, a smile on his face.

"I memorized this the day they were taught to me." The raven-haired answered.

"If that's the case I won't hear any excuses of you being bad at memorization anymore." Their captain grinned, making Kageyama flinch. "Now, then. Let's call it a day. Don't be late to morning practice tomorrow!"

"OSU!!"

***

A week passed by since then.

Yachi Hitoka was introduced as Karasuno High School Volleyball Club's manager in trial. The two dumbasses asked for her help in studying for the final exams and today, they are currently at the blonde-haired girl's house, studying together.

"Woah... Yachi-san's notes sure are amazing." Hinata praised the blondette. "Maybe I should write my notes the way you do."

"Well, its actually because my mom works at a design company so I used to bug her when I was little for color combinations."

"Whoa!! That sounds cool! Can you teach me about it sometimes?"

"E-eh?? Oh, well... if you're okay with me..."

"Really?? Thanks, Yachi-san!!"

"Oi, boke, are you done copying the notes? If you're down let's go back now, the sun is setting." Kageyama cut off their conversation.

"Oh, you're right. Well then, we'll get going now, Yachi-san." The orange-haired said.

"Please excuse us." Kageyama followed.