Chapter 16: Golden Week

"UOOORYAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

An orange-haired shorty screamed as he ran. Karasuno's volleyball club has started their training camp, and today happens to be the second day. All the members started by running a marathon as a warm-up.

"Hinata, quiet down!!" Ukai yelled, scolding him.

"SOORYAAAAA!!!!" Hinata continued. He was busy yelling to the point that he can't even hear his coach talking. "HRNGGGG!!!!"

The tangerine continued to dash forward, not stopping. Leaving the other members behind. Nevertheless, not realizing that he was straying away from the marathon path.

"Oi! Hinata! Where are you going?!" Ukai shouted once again.

"I'll go get him, coach!" Sugawara informed, and then followed the path Hinata went in.

After running for a few minutes, their marathon finally ended.

"Man, I'm beat! Hah...." Tanaka exclaimed.

"Alright, guys!" Takeda-sensei called our attention. "Let's go to that convenience store and buy some snacks while we wait for Sugawara and Hinata."

"OSU!!!"

***

Kageyama stared at the cooling fridge with intense-looking eyes. What is he staring at? Yes, dairy products. He was deciding what to buy, milk or yoghurt.

"LOL, hey, look at Kageyama!" Tanaka patted Nishinoya and pointed at the raven-haired.

Nishinoya followed the direction of the baldy's finger, and caught the sight of Kageyama making this very (un)important decision.

"Pfftt..." Nishinoya held back his laughter, and then approached his kouhai. "Yo, Kageyama! Still can't decide between milk and yoghurt?"

"No, I've decided, this time I'll have yoghurt." The raven-haired answered with a determined look on his face, and then took a carton of yoghurt.

Kageyama took a carton of yoghurt, an onigiri, and a cup ramen. Then he went to the cashier to pay for it.

"Nishinoya, Tanaka, you're gonna buy all that stuff? The coach will get mad at you." Ennoshita warned the two idiots.

"What? Chikara, you're only gonna a pudding and an onigiri?" Nishinoya asked, ignoring his warning. "You're a man, eat some more! You too, Tsukishima!!"

"No, I'll pass." Tsukishima declined. "I can't eat that much."

"Is that so? Wait, Chikara!! Don't run away!"

"NISHINOYA!! TANAKA!! QUIET DOWN!!" A thundering voice shouted. Who is it? None other than their captain, Daichi.

"Why me too??" Tanaka complained.

Kageyama opened his ramen and poured hot water into the cup, brewing it. Just then, he heard a voice.

"I'm sorry I'm late!"

"Oh, you're here? Put your stuff at the backroom first, also don't forget to put on the apron."

"Will do."

He turned to look at the source of the voice. A familiar figure passed by him.

Sakurai-san? He thought. Hm? Maybe it's just my imagination?

Just then, Hinata and Sugawara came back.

"Oh, Suga, Hinata! You're back." Asahi greeted them.

"Hinata, next time don't just run forward without looking at the directions." Daichi scolded.

"I'm sorry for the trouble." The orange-haired apologized and bowed.

"By the way, why are you all here? And eating?" Sugawara asked.

"Waiting for you guys while resting." Daichi answered, then he gave the two who just came back an onigiri and a carton of orange juice. "Here, eat some."

"Thank you, Daichi(-san)!" Sugawara and Hinata thanked in unison.

"I don't know if that will be enough so, buy some more if it's not, okay."

"Will do!" Hinata answered and went inside the convenience store to buy another onigiri and a sandwich.

Kageyama went outside when he finished brewing his ramen. The others enjoying their food and resting at the tables upfront.

Kageyama sat down on an empty chair beside Ennoshita and finished his ramen and onigiri.

"Guys! We're leaving in 5 minutes so hurry up and finish what you have." Daichi informed.

"OSU!!!" Everyone answered in unison.

***

May 3rd, 01.34 PM

"I'm sorry I'm late, Hana-chan. I woke up late today." A person apologized to a brown-haired girl.

"It's okay, no worries." Sakurai answered. "Since you're here now, can I leave? I have another part-time job after this. I've sorted out the onigiri and bentos, can you help me sort out the drinks?"

"Sure! Leave it to me!"

"Then I'm counting on you!"

The brown-haired girl took off her apron and went to the backroom to take her bag. Then she left the convenience store and immediately went to the nearest bus stop.

When the bus she was waiting for arrived, Sakurai got on and sat on the back seat. She looked at her watch. 01.39 PM.

It takes about 30 minutes by bus to arrive at her next part-time job, a cafe in town. She reviewed her part-time schedule for the day.

Looks like this is the last one...

After 30 minutes, she arrived at the nearest bus stop to the cafe and walked for about 5 minutes.

When she arrived at the front door, there seems to be many people inside. She entered the cafe.

"You're here, Hana-chan." a woman in late 20s greeted her. She is the owner of the cafe, Honoka.

"Hello, nee-san." Sakurai greeted her back. "The cafe is quite crowded today."

"Yeah, the backyard is reserved for a magazine photoshoot today. These people are the staffs. They're setting up the background and lighting."

"Photoshoot?"

"Oh, didn't I tell you? Sorry, it seems that I forgot to tell you."

"Ah, no, it's okay. Well then, I'm going to put my things first."

"Sure."

***

"Where is today's model? Look at the time! Why isn't she here yet?!" A person yelled.

"I'm sorry sir, but she's been out of contact since this morning."

"What? Out of contact since morning? What about her manager?"

"Her manager also couldn't contact her. She went to her house but no one was there."

Sakurai was serving some drinks for the staff members. They have been at the cafe for two hours now, but there seems to be a problem with their model.

"What's going on?" Honoka asked.

"I think they can't contact the model, so they're facing problems for the photoshoot." The brown-haired girl answered.

A man seems to be a photographer scolded the a staff member, asking for a substitute. But she replied that they didn't prepare any.

"Goodness...." the photographer sighed.

At that moment, Sakurai's and his eyes accidentally met. He stared at her for a long time, as if he was analyzing her.

Sakurai looked away, feeling uncomfortable. But then, the man approached her.

"Hi Ojou-chan, would you do the honor of being our model for today's photoshoot?"

"There are some flowers you can only see when you take detours." - Tanaka Saeko