Trapped (pt.10)

Joshua stared at his lover's back with a look of worry splattered all over his face. Yuki hadn't spoken to him at all throughout the whole day, in fact, Joshua felt as if he was bothering the other for everytime he would call out to him or try to have a proper conversation with him, Yuki would look bored or straight out distracted. All because he had said no and went against his wishes. And this unsettled him.

   "Yuki.." Joshua said as he reached out to the taller male that stood before him. "Can..can we talk?"

   "About what?" He said the words so harshly that Joshua couldn't help but flinch.

   Joshua looked down. "About yesterday.."

   Yuki made a bitter chuckle. He grabbed the other's chin forcing Joshua to look at him making the other yelp in the process. "I want to see your pretty eyes at all times darling" Yuki smiled. "Don't you get it, I want you, Joshua. If you aren't capable of doing what I want you to do, then I believe our relationship is just a useless game where both sides have no benefits"

   (But) He said to himself. Preventing the words form coming out of his moth. (The only one with benefits is you..) He thought.

   "Yuki, I've been meaning to ask" Joshua pushed the ravenett away softly. "Why did you even start dating me?" He arched an eyebrow. "Is it because of my personality? My looks? Or because you wanted to help me have a better life?"

   Once Joshua had finished talking, Yuki laughed loudly making everyone in the cafeteria turn to stare at them in confusion.

   "What's..so funny?"

   "Nothing~!" He wiped his eye, but smiled soon after. "It's just that, I don't really have a reason to date you"

   "..what?"

   "You could say I did it on a whim. On impulse" Yuki giggled as if the words he had just said were really funny. "But that doesn't really matter does it? That's just how the world works~" He walked by Joshua and headed to talk to some of his friends that stood at the other end of the place leaving Joshua all alone with his running thoughts.

   (He..doesn't love me?) Joshua couldn't believe it.

   (What should I do now then?!) He cursed quietly as he walked out of the big room, quickly heading to the restroom to let it all out.

   "You should break up with him"

   Vernon said as he threw a paper plane to the wall of Joshua's room. School had ended and the younger male laid on Joshua's bed as he heard the older quietly sob.

   Joshua looked up from his place on the floor. "How can I do that when even I don't know how to?!"

   "Tell him you want to meet up, that you want to stop all of this and everything would go back to normal, trust me about that"

   Joshua groaned. "You make it sound so easy.." He sighed. "I don't know if I'll even be able to do it"

   Vernon arched an eyebrow. "Why?"

   "Because I can't deny Yuki!" Joshua yelled. "Can't you see what happened because I told him to not touch me! That I wasn't ready!"

   "Joshua! It's ok to say no once in a while! Especially to people like him!" Vernon took a deep breath. "Can't you tell? He's been trying to change who you are, manipulating you and ruining your self esteem. The relationship in which you are in isn't healthy whatsoever!"

   "But-"

   "But nothing!" Vernon sat up. "What he's doing isn't right Shua. No one should treat you like this. In fact, that..that isn't love!"

   Vernon didn't have to say that for Joshua knew that clearly. He knew the other was just using him only to toss him away after like a mere piece of garbage. But he couldn't help it. No one had ever shown him love. No one had ever treated him the way Yuki had. And even if he was hurting him, Joshua really wanted to be appreciated for once. And for some unknown reason, Yuki was the only one who did that. Or at least, was the only one who Joshua thought would do.

   "Shua.." Vernon said with a sigh. "You can do it. I believe in you"

   "Yeah.." Joshua sighed. "I know"

   (I know..)