Chapter 19

Jeonghan found himself under a tree, sitting in a bench with Jisoo right beside him. Jisoo hadn't said anything while walking out the school and Jeonghan didn't want to butt in on personal matters. A part of him, however, wanted to ask a million questions that could possibly never be answered. Ever since he had began talking to Jisoo he had became more soft towards things, nicer and much more curious. In the past, he would've never felt worried towards anyone whatsoever. But now, he had hugged a guy in the restroom in an attempt to comfort him. (WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME?!?!) Jeonghan wanted to rip his hair out in frustration.

   Jisoo, on the other hand, felt himself heat up in embarrassment. He had just went trough a whole breakdown in front of a guy that he barely knew and then proceeded to snuggle with him. And to make matters worst, the latter probably had a lot of questions that had the right to be answered. But Jisoo felt scared to do so. He was scared the other wouldn't see him the same way and probably leave him alone. And Jisoo didn't want to be alone anymore. But everything would be okay right? Jisoo thought he would give it a shot.

(Play song for better imagery right here)

   "I'm sorry that you had to see me like that" Jisoo broke the silence. Jeonghan imidiately turned to him.

   "It's..fine. You don't have to apologize for anything."

   "But, I probably ruined your lunch..."

   "I wasn't going to go to lunch anyways so it's fine, really" 

   "I brought my lunch box with me." He took it out and opened it. Jeonghan stared at him, then laughed loudly.

   "I can't believe you brought your lunch! Must've been hungry huh?"

   Jisoo pouted. He then changed to a serious expression. "I was hungry as well as excited for lunch..but.."

   "You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable" Jisoo handed him a pair of chopsticks. "I feel like you should know, besides, it's been too long since I last talked to someone about my troubles..."

   Jeonghan nodded. They then proceeded to start eating. Jeonghan opened his eyes wide. "This is, really good" Jisoo smiled. "I'm glad you like it" Silence took over again.

   "Sooooo, why were you crying?" Jeonghan brought the topic up.

   "Two years ago, a friend of mine came to visit me from Korea. I was really excited that he was finally coming to see me after such a long time. But.."

   "But?"

   "During those times, I wasn't in the right mind"

   "What do you mean?" He continued eating.

   "When he came to America, I was being bullied by some bastards whose names I've eventually forgotten. They held so much power in the school and in the area that I wanted to be a part of them somehow. To be able to feel and be as powerful as them. Honestly," Jisoo chuckled. "it was the stupidest decision of my life."

   "Why?" Jeonghan asked while eating.

   "You see, because of me, I ended up pushing my friend away. Because of me, I ended up hurting him more than I thought I would. And I regret that decision so damn much." Jisoo gritted his theet. Jeonghan stopped eating. "Today, I saw him again. Turns out he's a student here which means I can properly apologize to him for being such an asshole back then. But guess what? I just ran away and didn't even look back" Jisoo could feel some tears start to brush his cheeks.

   Jeonghan sighed. He placed his chopsticks down and held Jisoo's hands. "I'm not the best when it comes to comforting people, but, if you really were an asshole, then you have changed. Even I can tell that." Jeonghan softly smiled. "Don't give up ok? Apologize properly this time"

   Jisoo looked at Jeonghan and gave the other a warm smile. "Thank you, Jeonghan"