.Chapter Twelve.

Don't forget to vote and fan if you like my work, and please comment, I love when I can read what you guys think!

Happy reads! <3

XXX

Chapter Twelve                       Carter

        Kissing Evalyn was –as cheesy as this was going to sound- perfect. Our bodies fit together like puzzle pieces and I swear she was kissing me back. Perfection turned to horror when I realized what I was doing. It was like cold water had been poured down my back. I wasn’t supposed to be kissing her! My plan had been working so well and now I was kissing her. This may have cause a slight set back.

        When I pulled myself away from her lips, immediately, I wanted to put them back and continue kissing her. Instead I held myself back and kissed her cheek before turning and running away up to my room. I could hear her following me up the stairs so I pushed myself faster. I couldn’t face her again, or even answer her questions I knew that she’d ask. I slammed my door shut and leaned against it to calm my stuttering heart.

        I lay in bed for hours trying to reason with myself. One part of me said that it was wrong to kiss her, that she was dating my best friend and I was dating Isabella. The other half, which was currently much louder than the other, was yelling that I shouldn’t have walked away and that she had kissed me back.

        I was torn about what to do. Do I go back to pretending I didn’t love her, like I had never told her. Or do I ignore her and pray that she forgets that I ever said anything, that she will forget that I had pinned her to a wall and kissed her- that was definitely something I wasn’t going to forget about it anytime soon.

        But there is a third option, that little voice in the back of my head said, don’t ignore her or pretend you don’t love her. Show her that you really are in love with her and talk to her about it.  I went to bed that night debating on which option would be the best when I saw her. Tomorrow was only Saturday and there’s no way she would stay in her room all day, so I had to figure this out fast before I saw her tomorrow. Unless I wanted to hide away and spend the day in my room… which didn’t sound like a bad idea at the moment. I was a coward.

                The next day I sat in the living room watching the TV mindlessly, having decided not to be a chicken. Joyce was sitting right on the floor with both legs stretched out in front of her, a pad of blank paper in her hands and her sheet music spread out on the floor on front of her.

I could hear Eva storming into the living room and I forced myself not to tense my shoulders as she came into the room. I could see out of the corner of my eye as she glanced at me before turning to her mum.

"Mom, I’m going to Owen’s house to hang out with everybody,” Eva told her.

"Yeah, sure. Just be back for dinner or call me this afternoon and tell me you won’t be home, so I don’t make you anything," she agreed, without looking up.

Eva turned to head back to her room, but in the doorway she stopped at looked at me. I turned away from the TV to look back at her. “You coming too?” she asked.

“Yeah, just give me a second to get ready,” I replied, surprised she had even asked me to come along.

I followed behind her up the stairs, staying a ways behind her, since I didn’t really want to bring up last night just yet. I grabbed pair of dark blue shorts and a plain white tee-shirt, looking in the mirror to make sure I looked ok before I headed back downstairs. I saw Eva tell her mum we were leaving.

"Call if you need anything," I heard Joyce call out.

"I’ll be fine, mom," Eva replied but I saw the bright smile on her face. She really loved her mum.

        I grabbed my shoes at the door and slipped them on before opening the front door and heading out. Bounding down the stairs I walked across the grass until I got to the sidewalk, me trailing behind her the whole time.