.Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight                          Carter

“Hey boyfriend,” said Isabella as she cuddled up to me.

“Hey guys,” I answered, lost in my own thoughts and then realized that our group was missing one person, even if she was avoiding me she still ate lunch with us all at school, “Where’s Eva?”

“She had to run over to the English department. She wanted to talk to one of the teachers about her project due next week,” Owen explained as he dug into his lunch.

We sat around munching on our lunches and enjoying the nice weather while it lasted. When we were all done eating Owen pulled out a soccer ball and asked if we wanted to do a mini game. We all agreed and divided up teams; Vic and I verses Owen and Isabella.

We set up our goal posts and began to play, jogging back and forth playing for fun. Owen being on the soccer team while I did boxing we were both in better shape than the two girls- not that it really mattered. Twenty minutes later we were all sweaty and out of breathe from running. We all gave up playing and sat back down to catch our breath before class started in a few minutes.

“You guys started without me, and now you’re all tired,” called Eva as she came towards us.

I watched as Owen jumped up and ran over to her saying something to her as she looked at him with her nose wrinkled. Then he was throwing her over his shoulder laughing and walking back over to us as she squealed.

“Owen, you put me down, your all sweaty and gross,” I could hear her as she scolded him. He laughed at her as he placed her back on her feet, making sure she was steady before he let her go and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

As they pulled away from each other the bell rang for the end of lunch. We all headed back inside and towards to VOICE wing. Mr. Conner had told us last week that today he would be explaining the semester end concert we would be having in January, so we all were eager to learn what we were going to do this year.  We made it back to the classroom just before the bell for classes to start sounded. The classroom was full of noise as student sat at their desks and chatted excitedly, all guessing at what we could be doing.

Mr. Conner walked into the class and instantly it was silent in the room. “That was way freaky, guys,” he commented, “Okay, come sit over here in a huddle that way I don’t have to be as loud. I’m feeling lazy today.”

“What do you think it will be, Carter?” Isabella asked and I shrugged my shoulder as we all did as told and got up from our desk and sat close to the piano as Mr. Conner pulled the piano bench out and  to the middle of the huddle and sat down on it.

“Okay guys, October is coming up and we go to choir camp in three weeks. We need to start getting ready for our big choir event of the year. This year we have decided that we are going to put on the biggest show this school has seen yet. I’m sure you have all heard the romantic comedy, Shakespeare’s Midsummers’ Night Dream; I think you all had to read the play in grade nine English class. That is what we are going to perform.