.Chapter Three.

This chapter is for one of my very best friends who has been there for me whenever I needed her! She makes me smile every time I talk to her and helps me get over my writers block so I can write V.O.I.C.E for you guys faster!

Don't forget to Fan, Vote and Comment!

XXX

Chapter Three                         Evalyn

“Okay guys, we’re already in our second week of classes. As most of you know, the VOICE senior students always get three large trips during the school year. You get to go to a weekend vocal camp. But trust me ladies and gentlemen, this is a weekend of hard work and singing. Yes, you do get to fool around and have a good laugh, but by the end of the weekend you will be so tired you will be sleeping on your feet while singing the songs you will have learned during the time at camp!” Mr. Conner informed us.

“But that’s not for another few weeks. For next week’s trip, we’re shipping off to Ottawa for the day to go see an opera at the National Arts Center. This will give you a better idea of what you might want to do in your future and what it is like singing in a large group, even bigger than ours”

“What opera are we going to be seeing?” asked one of the girls in the back of the classroom.

“I was getting to that, hold your horses. This year the opera is Paglioci! Does anybody know the story behind this opera?” Mr. Conner asked.

“It’s the killer clown!” this time a guy from the middle of the huddle spoke up.

“Who kills his wife because she was having an affair,” the guy beside the last one said.

The first girl spoke up again, “What if you’re scared of clowns?”

Mr. Conner smile at her and then told her, “I never thought of anybody being afraid. They are kind of scary looking now that I think about it. I guess the only thing I can really tell you is that these ones won’t be scary?”

I just rolled my eyes at his attempt to reassure the girl as the end of the day bell went. Time to go home!

“I will be handing out permission slips as you leave the classroom. Please have them back by next week! We will be leaving next Thursday at eight and we will be back around ten at night,” Mr. Conner informed us as we all stood up and packed our books away.

Vic and I left the classroom after taking the permission slip from Mr. Conner and went to our lockers. I was just getting my school bag out, to shove some of the textbooks I wanted to look at over the weekend in, when somebody leaned against the locker next to mine. I continued to shove textbooks in while I peeked to see who it was. It was Carter, of course.

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. I mean it was pathetic, even after months of living with him my heart would always go into over drive whenever he got that close to me. I needed to learn how to control that.

“Getting a ride with me?” he asked.

“Who else? Just give me a second to get all my stuff together,” I said as I zipped up my book bag.