.Chapter Twenty Eight.

This chapter is dedicated to Ashley Cooley, one of the very best writers I have ever met and best partner in crime I could ask for.  <3

XXX

Chapter Twenty Eight                             Carter

I grabbed Eva’s hand as Vic laughed at us and walked away, winking at me before she left. She had managed to detangle Isabella from me and get me dancing with Eva instead. That girl was a genius. She was giving me a chance and I had enough alcohol in my system to be braver then I would normally be.

Deciding to use the opportunity Vic had given me, I pulled Eva’s dancing body closer to my own until I could feel her lightly against me. I expected her to pull away as soon as realized what I was doing but instead she leaned further into me.

We danced fast, to the beat of the music, her hips swaying against mine. When the fast beat turned slow, I twirled her around so she was finally facing me. Her mask covered most of her face; it was a very simple, black with highlights of teal and silver markings, making it unique. But I wasn’t paying attention to the mask; I was memorized by her eyes that were staring back at me.

I leaned forward and whispered against her ear, “I want to kiss you, Eva.”

She pulled back and looked at me and I thought I had just blown my chance but her next words out of her mouth were, “Then why aren’t you?”

It didn’t take more than that and I peeled her mask away as she did mine and I brought my lips to hers. I could feel her smiling into the kiss and I gently sucked on her bottom lip, asking for entrance which she quickly granted.

After years of wondering what it would feel like to kiss her. This kiss could only be described as perfection. But perfection soon came to an end when Eva pulled out of the kiss.

“We should go somewhere people won’t see us,” she said quickly.

“Let’s call a cab and just go home then,” I offered. Joyce and my dad were out for the night and we would have the house to ourselves.

She nodded and I grabbed her hand as I headed for the front door. Once outside I called the cab company and they told me that we were going to have to wait a bit before it got there.

“They’ll be here in five,” I told her and pulled her to the side of the house where there weren’t any lights. I hugged her close, noticing that she was shivering a bit.

“Are you cold?” I asked.

“Only a little. I think more kisses might warm me up,” she teased.

“Well, I think I can help with that then,” I told her, trying to act serious. I kissed her, ever so often checking for our cab.

When it finally arrived, we clambered into the back. I told the driver our address and he took off. I reached across the open middle seat, wrapping my fingers around Eva’s and squeezed. She turned to me and stuck out her tongue before she return the pressure with a small giggle. I started to squeeze her hand in a pattern and she repeated it back to me.