.Chapter Thirty Two.

Chapter Thirty Two                 Carter

After Eva had fallen asleep with her arms wrapped around me. I carefully slipped out of her embrace, grabbed my jeans from the floor and put them on not worrying about a shirt. Knowing she would be hungry when she woke up, I went down to the kitchen and began grabbing what I would need for the meal, trying to be a quiet as possible so that I wouldn’t wake her up.

“Since when can you cook?” I heard a teasing voice behind me. A second later, a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist and a pair of lips placed a soft kiss on my bare shoulder.

“Depends on the day. Someday I can do amazing pancakes, others I can’t even boil water, and I’m never sure about the setting on the toaster so I never know if it will be burnt or not,” I joked back. I took the pan with the eggs off the stove and put them neatly on a plate next to the bacon just as the toast popped.

"Looks like today is your lucky day. They're not burnt," I said as I buttered her toast. The second batch of toast popped up, a very nice shade of charcoal black. "On the other hand those are a little over done," I said shrugging and then smothering it butter. I took both plates and came to the table and set hers down in front of her and sat across the table. I couldn’t stop my wondering eyes as they took in what she was wearing: black skinny jeans with a light blue shirt under a white sweater that had dark blue patterns on it. It looked amazing on her, anything did.

"So what's with the big meal?" She asked as while poking the yoke with a piece of bread and it began to pour out like a volcano.

"I wanted to cook a meal for the girl I love. See what it will be like when it's just the two of us getting together after we were married," I said and smiled as her cheeks reddened as she blushed. "So, what's on the agenda today?" I asked.

"I was thinking we should go get your dad’s Christmas gift while he's still on the trip," she said.

"Sounds good. Once were done here we can head out," I said then stabbed a bit of bag and shoved it into my mouth.

We finished eating and Eva did the dishes while I ran upstairs to get changed. I came back down just as she was finishing up and drying her hands on a towel. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, making her jumped in surprise. She turned around in my arms and placed a kiss on my cheek before relaxing against my chest. I would have been very content to stay like that for the rest of the day, but unfortunately we had other things to do. She stepped away from me, grabbing my hand and dragged me to the front hall where we put on our shoes and jackets.

I pulled open the front door, a blast of cold air hitting me in the face. I shivered, reaching over and grabbed a plain black hat that was sitting on the stand inside the door to protect my ears from getting cold. We stepped outside, already freezing. I rushed down the driveway and got into the driver seat and Eva all but jumped into the passenger seat. As soon as she shut the door, she was reaching for the heater and turned it on full blast. We pulled out of the driveway and she turned up the radio, changing it to my favorite station.

When we reached the mall parking lot almost twenty minutes later, it was packed. We parked near the back and walked to the front entrance. Inside it was as jammed as the parking lot. People were everywhere, looking for that special something at the last moment like we were. As we were walking towards the stores Eva stopped and pulled out her phone- she hadn’t mastered walking and texting without running into a wall yet.