So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 14

“Naruto...” I groaned, following his very sporadic movements, since he was following Sakura. “I don’t see how flipping while jumping will help your dizziness at all.” I complained, furrowing my eyebrows at him. I had to use a decent amount of my chakra just to keep up with them.

Next thing I knew, Sakura slipped from a branch and was hurling to the ground quickly. “Sakura!” Naruto followed her, trying to grab her hand, and wasn’t able to in time. Luckily, Yamato sped up to catch her just in time.

I skidded next to them and sighed. “A break, maybe?”

Yamato leaned Sakura up against a tree for her to rest on while she recovered, I laid down across from them and happily closed my eyes.  “Are you alright, Sakura-chan?” I heard Naruto ask quietly, and could hear the worry in his voice. “That wound…”

“This was done by Orochimaru, it only hurts a little, I’m okay!” Sakura lied once again. I wondered how long until Naruto actually figured it out?

“Don’t push yourself too hard, Sakura-chan.”

Okay, maybe he’ll never figure it out.

“Let’s take a break.” Yamato declared suddenly. Wait, we weren’t already on a break?

“No, I’m fine, let’s go now.” Sakura protested, and I inwardly cried.

“There’s a difference between hurrying and recklessness.”

“Yeah, Captain Yamato’s right! We need you, Sakura.” I could just imagine Sakura blushing from the support of her teammate. “You know medical jutsu, and you have that monstrous strength!”

Oh, wrong choice of words, Naruto.

“I told you not to add the monstrous strength part!” She growled back, and I just assumed she was pointing a finger at him.

“What, I was just complimenting your- okay, okay! I apologize, I’m sorry!” Naruto cried out as I heard movement from their direction.

“Naruto,” Yamato interrupted, gathering everyone’s attention. “Since Sai’s out, you’ll be my partner for the battle. Naomi and Sakura can team up, so let’s decide on our collaboration patterns while we have a chance.” Him and Naruto walked away from us so I decided to get up so Sakura wouldn’t have to be all alone, I guess.

She started to heal her own wounds, so I appeared next to her and squatted down. “Want me to do that for you? It is my kekkei genkai, after all.”

Sakura nodded her head, seeming surprised at my gesture. My hands glowed green and I hovered over her arm, she winced a bit but endured it anyway.

An awkward silence formed between the two of us, we hardly were ever alone, and we didn’t like each other. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth. “You, uh… did kind of okay back there, Sakura.” I half-complimented, trying my best to smile.

“That’s your best attempt?” She jeered, and my smile turned to a frown, and I stared at her with a glare.

“At least I tried, okay?” I growled back, huffing a little bit. “At least I didn’t faint.” I mumbled, hoping she wouldn’t catch it.

“What did you say?” Sakura was getting more annoyed the more we talked, and so was I.

I closed my eyes and tried to remind myself what I was trying to do; which was be nice for once. “Let me try again, then.” I replied, teeth clenched. “Seems like you got a pretty bad wound here…”

“Yeah, but at least we eased the pain.” She said in a short tone, so I mentally threw my hands up and gave up. Okay, we just can’t talk to each other, it’s official.