So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 11

“Rise and shine time to catch some spies!” I sung as loud as I could before hitting the wall with my sword’s hilt a couple times.

Sakura was the first to open her eyes and glare at me, but I only returned it with a smile. After a few seconds of silence and glares, she finally sighed in defeat. “What was that for?”

“Yamato told me to wake you guys up…”

“But, why did you wake us up that way?” Naruto cried, jumping up and pointing at me accusingly.

I shrugged. “Easier that way…?” Now with all three of them were giving me glares and other angry looks, I backed up with my hands in front of me defensively. Once I got close enough to the door, I ran away from the room at top speed. I didn’t want my own personal angry mob.

It didn’t take long before I was outside and easily jumped up onto the roof. “Ha! They’ll never find me up here.”

… But it didn’t take long before we had to start practicing our ambush for the spies, so I was forced off the roof and to the area where we were suppose to pratice.

“Three little ninjas, hiding in a tree—“

“Don’t finish that sentence.” Sakura growled in an angry way, probably ready to punch me.

I glanced at her, mouth shut. She’s so serious and stuff.

I giggled at my own thoughts, earning me another glare from Sakura.

“You are absolutely no help to this practice sessions!”

The rest of our teammates stopped with whatever and looked over at us. Yamato also stopped. He let out a heavy sigh. “Maybe we should try something different.”

We had probably been out here for a few hours already, and had tried tons and tons of different ways to attack our enemy. They were all nice ideas, but each time I couldn’t help and interrupt the simulation. Somehow, some way, I found a way to anger someone. This time it just happened to be Sakura.

Yamato walked over to us and gestured towards me. “Why don’t you sit out for the next couple of practice simulations, just so we can get the teamwork decent enough before we have to move on?”

Surprised at his suggestion, I blinked a few times at him. “Oh, uh, okay.”

Yamato nodded and clapped his hands. “Alright, let’s get back to work.”

I got comfy in a tree branch and frowned at my team below. How is that working out the teamwork problems if you exclude one of the members? Well, whatever. I’m not going to dwell over it. I’ll just enjoy the time I have by myself.

Yamato told the rest of the team what their new plan was and started working on that one. In this one, Sakura was Sasori, at the moment, Yamato was the spy, and finally, Naruto and Sai were working as a team. They would hide until given the signal, which then they would jump out of their hiding spots and rush towards the spot and chase after the ninja.

“Why’d you tie me up too? Sai!” Startled by the sudden noise, I almost fell out of the tree. But luckily with my awesome balance skills, I was able to steady myself. I looked towards where the noise was coming from—of course it was Naruto, it was a funny looking Naruto though, since he was tied up with Yamato.

Sai suddenly zoomed passed me, apparently on the hunt, and in the distance I saw Yamato, who was running away from Sai.

And shortly after, both Sakura and Naruto ran past me also. I raised my eyebrow this time, not as shocked. “What’s the rush?” I asked mostly to myself, since they were too far away to hear.

A few minutes passed by and I didn’t hear any noises, so, figuring I should go look for them, I hopped off the tree and started walking towards where they all rushed off.

The scene I came upon was rather tense, and I could tell something had happened again. Naruto walked pass me in silence as the others stared at him.  Sai and Sakura exchanged a few words, but I couldn’t hear anything.

Yamato appeared in front of me suddenly; I backed up a few steps and looked at him like he was a psycho. “Could we talk?”

“Depends… are you going to murder me?”

He narrowed his eyes at me before shaking his head. “No… just want to talk.” We started walking, the rest of the team somewhat far behind us as Yamato and I started to talk.

“Wait, what?” I suddenly asked, making sure I heard him right.

“I think that maybe you should step back a bit and not get involved if we have to fight… just in case something happens.”

I stayed quiet and just stared at him—well, for a minute, anyway. “What do you mean, ‘in case something happens’?” I finally asked.

“Well, I mean…. Something like if Sasuke shows up. We don’t want your feelings to get in the way.”

“…I—you—Are you serious?”

“What?” Naruto yelled immediately, “You can’t just take out a teammate from a battle! She’s valuable to this team—she lived with Sasuke. She knows all about him!”

“But it’s unlikely that we’ll face him. We’re not even sure if we have to fight.” It went silent after Yamato’s statement as he glared down at us. I glanced to Naruto before sighing in defeat.

“I guess you’re right.”

Naruto’s head snapped towards me and Yamato’s eyebrow rose up as well. “Mimi!”

I waved Naruto off and continued walking. “We should get going, right? Have to get there before tomorrow!”

Naruto caught up to me easily, roughly grabbing me by the shoulder. “Don’t just brush this off. It’s not fair to you!”

“Its fine, don’t worry about it, just focus on your teamwork with Sai.”

“But—“

I stopped him there by holding up my hand before pulling out my iPod and plugging my ears with the headphones. “It’s fine.”

It is fine.

… It’s fine.

--

End of Chapter Eleven!

I am so sorry that this is so late (and short, as well). D: I always tell myself I have like a month left to update, so I go do other stuff instead.

I have a month left until my convention, and originally I had planned to have 15 chapters up but I don’t think that’ll happen… x3

However, I got 2007 Microft Word again. Whenever I write in Word 2007, I get so motivated and the words just flow out, so it shouldn’t be a two month wait again.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!