So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 09

"You tick me off with everything you say!"

They’re at it again, was the first thought that came to my mind. They’re starting a fight again, and we’ve only been walking for fifteen minutes. "I’m just trying to portray myself like that kind of character." Sai said in protest.

"Portray yourself…?" Sakura echoed, and I sighed. Here we go again, Q&A time. Brought to you by the one and only, Haruno Sakura.

I had decided that I really didn’t want to go on this mission once we arrived at the Konoha gates. My heart was being filled with regret with each step I took; I wasn’t ready to go on this mission. I know it’s only to get information on Orochimaru, but the possibilities of having to do more than that…

The possibilities of running into Sasuke, or even into Orochimaru, Sasuke would definitely try to kill us if he had the chance. There’s also the possibility of Sai being a traitor, then what would happen?

"You really, really tick me off!" That was what Naruto shouted out to snap me out of my thoughts. I suddenly realized that my team had stopped walking and I was now a few feet ahead of them.

Not to mention Naruto and Sai were having another staring contest. "Hey, don’t act like that… in front of your captain, Naruto!" Yamato ordered, grabbing everyone’s attention. "I’m sure Kakashi taught you that trust and teamwork are most important to a team, the same team with the great Kakashi."

"He’s not a member of team Kakashi! The other member of our team Kakashi is…"

"Me?" I asked excitedly. It’s never me, sad face.

"No! Our other team member is Sasuke!"

It’s always Sasuke. Even when he’s not here, it’s always him.

"I’m going to go wait for you guys up here…" I announced before slowly backing away from them, and turning away to run up the road a bit more. After some of feet ahead of them, I plopped down on the ground and watched their actions from a far. I could sense Naruto’s mood, he was angry and unhappy, and a verbal fight was about to happen.

Suddenly, I remembered something, I gasped excitedly and rummaged through my pockets on my jeans. I grabbed what I wanted and pulled out my iPod. "iPod! How I missed you!" I cried happily and rubbed the magical music-playing device on my face. "I haven’t listened to you in days."

I sighed contently and put the earphones in my ears and pressed play. The first song to start playing was ‘When the day met the night’ by… Panic! At the disco.

And with that playing in my ears, I instantly felt better about everything.

I brought my eyes that had wandered, back to my team that I was waiting for, only to see Sakura move across the road to Sai.

Well, that can’t be good—Yep, I was right. Sai skidded across the ground and into some nice bushes from Sakura’s punch. I lifted my eyebrow at my team. Sakura sure does like to punch people now—more than before.

Of course, who wouldn’t want to punch Sai? He looks like a fragile, porcelain doll… except he’s not fragile at all, but I’m pretty sure he’s made of porcelain!

You know, I need new clothes, mine aren’t very ninja like…

I pushed all my random thoughts to the back of my mind and continued to watch my team from afar. It’s almost like they’ll never stop talking. We won’t make it in time to find out information if they keep acting like this.

Suddenly, the ground started to shake, I blinked in surprise and noticed giant pillars shoot from the ground. It must be an ambush!

Behind Yamato was a giant wooden block thing—and it caught everyone’s attention. That must be his jutsu, then…