So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 04

“Ready.” I said to my team before slinging a purple backpack over my shoulder, it matched my outfit. I had on along sleeved shirt two different types of purple, the sleeves were dark purple, almost blue looking, and the rest of it was a light lilac purple, my short skirt was a regular purple and I had matching purple ninja shoes on.

Naruto sweat dropped as he looked at me. “Mimi-Chan, can you even fight in that outfit?” He asked, and I looked down at my outfit.

“What do you mean? I can totally fight in this!” I reassured him, waving my hand dismissively.

“She’s just dressing up for Gaara.” Sakura told Naruto in a know-it-all kind of voice.

I felt my face heat up and was kind of flustered. “What? No!” I shouted back before hiding my face behind my bangs. “Can we just go already?” I asked quietly as Sakura smirked in triumph.

We slowly were making our way away from Tsunade and Iruka until a certain long white haired, pervert landed in front of us. “Oh, going on a mission, Naruto?” He nodded his head to his sensei, Jiraiya, after receiving his answer, quickly walked past us towards Iruka and Tsunade. “The hidden sand has been—“

“I know.” Tsunade interrupted. “I’m about to send them to the Sand.” Jiraiya turned to us in surprise as we all nodded our heads simultaneously. He turned away from us to whisper something in her ear, to which she closed her eyes and whispered something back.

Once they finished talking, Jiraiya walked back over here. “Naruto, come here for a minute.” He ordered and they both went to the side.

I sighed inwardly. I wasn’t able to take a shower the whole time I was here.  I actually haven’t been able to shower since the day before we came back to Konoha, which means that it’s been almost three days.

“Kakashi-sensei, Sakura-Chan, Mimi-Chan, let’s go!” Naruto called, which snapped me out of my thoughts and that’s when I noticed he was further ahead.

I frowned at him. “Hey, wait up!” Sakura and I shouted at him simultaneously, and we quickly caught up with him.

“Naruto, I know we’re in a hurry, but don’t get so far ahead of us!” Sakura yelled to him after a while of jumping trees. They started to argue with each other as I sighed and looked a different way, and past a couple of trees I could see the familiar figure of Temari.

It seemed Sakura noticed too as she shouted out her name and we swiftly landed in front of her. We explained why we were here and she gasped in shock. “What? Gaara was—!” She cut herself off and Kakashi confirmed her unsaid sentence with a nod.

“It’ll take us two days to get to the sand village.” Kakashi announced as I frowned. Two days without a shower. “Let’s move.”

With a grunt, Temari agreed and we all headed off to the sand village.

--

We had slept for the night and were now continuing to jump trees. I could barely hear the things around me. I just hope Gaara’s okay. Shortly after walking from where we had slept for the night, a long view of the desert appeared. I grinned once realizing that we were almost there.

Temari had led us through most of desert before we came across a sandstorm and had to pull over in a cave. Naruto growled in frustration and it vibrated through my body since I was leaning my head on his shoulder, almost asleep. “We’re so close to the Sand village! I can’t wait anymore!”

“Naruto, I told you not to get impatient.” Kakashi warned as he grabbed Naruto’s other shoulder.

Naruto was about to protest but Sakura cut him off. “Just be quiet! Temari’s the one who’s the most upset.”