So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 05

“As soon as they ready, we’ll head out with the Sand team and recover Gaara. Got it?” Kakashi explained to us, and right as he did, a voice cut through the air to our ears.

“Sorry for the wait.” We turned around to find Temari, and a few other people staring at us.

The person I had been laying my tired head on, Naruto, decided to stretch his back and then bend forward. I fell on my butt because of him, and soon I glared up at him, at the same time he looked down at me in surprise. “Mimi-Chan, why are you on the floor? We have to get going!”

“Wait!” Baki interrupted, and after staring at my team for a second, turned to look at the Sand team. “Temari, your team will remain here and guard the perimeter areas.”

“What?” They started to argue upon Temari’s response. However, their fighting got cut off by a voice.

“I’ll go.” The voice declared, causing everyone to glance up. The sun blocked our eyes for a second before seeing that it was the old lady from before. “I’ll be enough to represent the Sand.”

“Chiyo-Baasama, but that’s…”

“Well, instead of courtesy to an ally, I’ll be going for my own reasons.” They all protested still, until Chiyo jumped off the building rail she was standing on, and down to us. “You see, I want to play with my cute little grandson after such a long time.”

I tapped my chin quietly. Her grandson is in the Akatsuki? I want to play with him too, then. I didn’t say what I was thinking though, and followed my team and Chiyo to the entrance of the sand. We turned around to face Baki, Temari and other ninjas. “We’ll be on our way now.” Kakashi announced.

“Thanks, I’ll try to arrange for backup.” Baki reassured. I highly doubt that we needed more help, but then again… we are fighting the Akatsuki, and we have an old lady to slow us down. I glanced over to Chiyo before looking away. Maybe I’m underestimating her. They did say she was one of the legendary siblings.

We finally left to go save Gaara, and we continued to jump trees for a while. Sometimes my team would start up a conversation with each other, one conversation about Jinchuurikis, Bijuus, being categorized as monsters and disgusting bothered Naruto. Anyone could tell by the look on his face.

We continued to jump, along the way Kakashi turned to me slightly. “You’ve been pretty quiet, Naomi.” He said in observation.

My head turned slowly to him as his eye followed mine, my mind finally processed what he said and I blinked. “Yes… I’m pretty tired.” I told him, a small smirk replaced my previous more focused expression. Kakashi looked confused by my smirk, “I just couldn’t sleep with Sakura’s constant loud snoring.” Sakura’s eye twitched and an anger mark appeared on her head from my comment.

“I don’t snore!” She yelled back with her fist raised at me. “You’re so annoying! I’d rather have you not speak!” I couldn’t help my smirk from growing bigger at her bothered form. It grew quiet again, and my smirk finally vanished, replaced by a frown.

Hours later…

We finally were able to run on the ground, until we reached a clearing and in our way was a certain figure I hadn’t see in a while. All of us came to a stop in front of him. My whole team and Chiyo had a small staring contest with him before Sakura broke it. “Who is he?”

“Uchiha Itachi.” Naruto and I answered at the same time.

“This one is the brat who killed his entire clan.”

“It’s been awhile, Kakashi, Naruto-Kun…” Itachi acknowledged.

“Aww… Why don’t I get greeted?” I mumbled quietly, but everyone heard it. They looked at me like something was wrong in my head.