So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 24

There was just something about sleeping outside that was just so peaceful. Nothing else could compare to it, it was a special thing. Feeling the breeze dance around, the sunlight's warmth, the sound of birds chirping happily, the rustling of the tree leaves, the slow and steady rise and fall of somebody's chest...

...Wait, the rise and fall of somebody's chest?

Carefully, I brought my gaze up to see who exactly I was sleeping on, and for a second I was surprised to see the raven haired boy here. But then I remembered what had happened. Right, Sasuke was here. It still wasn't some illusion. And then I fully realized I was sleeping on him. Oh gosh, how did that happen? Did I actually fall asleep that easily? And he just let me?! What the heck, Sasuke. What happened to the Sasuke I had to fight just a little while ago? Despite what he said, he was definitely trying to kill me... Right? Although, if we were to be realistic, even with all my teammates being there, he probably easily could've killed me. Maybe he's still planning to. Sure, he said he wouldn't, but... I still highly doubt he was just here to cuddle or something.

Slowly, I tried to slip away, but something quickly stopped me--his hold on me. I blinked a few times at this before bringing my gaze back to his face. He looked peaceful, that was good, right? Now, if only I could get out of his grasp, then this would be even better. But, he had a pretty tight hold on me, and it didn't seem like he was going to let go anytime soon. Part of me wanted to just give up and lay my head back down, but the other part of me was too flustered to do that, and wanted to try to get away anyway. I contemplated between the two before finally attempting to wiggle my way out of his grasp without waking him up.

Although, I didn't get very far in my plan when suddenly his eyes snapped opened, and he grabbed my wrist. "What are you doing?"

I let out a squeak, falling back into my original spot. "You had me trapped here!" I cried out, covering my face with my hand so he couldn't tell I was flustered. "I just wanted to stretch."

Almost immediately, he dropped my hand, and released his other arm from around my torso. I was finally free, although a little colder now, he was so much warmer than me, which was weird. You'd think he'd be as cold as his eyes are, or his personality. But, turns out I'm the cold one, temperature-wise. Well, anyway, I finally got up, and stretched out before turning slightly to Sasuke, to see he was just staring at me.

"What? Why are you staring?" I asked defensively, feeling a little self conscious.

"No reason." He answered, averting his eyes over to some tree.

"...Hey, Sasuke."I started, making my way over to him, catching his attention again. I stood as close as possible in front of him, only slightly narrowing my eyes at him. "Why didn't you wake me up when I fell asleep?"

He lifted an eyebrow at me, and his expression--his eyes, more specifically--was basically asking me if it was necessary to walk over to ask that, but he already answer was obviously yes. "I didn't feel like I had to."

"Well, it wasn't really my plan to sleep here all night." I said, frowning at him. Did I mention all night? Because oh my gosh, that was a miracle. I always woke up at some awful hour because of my nightmares, but I didn't have them this time. And secretly I could be grateful to him for that, but I could still pretend like I was somewhat mad about it.

"You didn't dislike it." Sasuke stated, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"How do you know?" I sneered, feeling annoyed all over again.

But Sasuke didn't reply, he just smirked at me confidently, and it made me wonder what exactly I did in my sleep to give him that impression? Quickly, I turned away, staring at nothing in particular in horror. Did I talk in my sleep? Did I say something embarrassing? Did I do something embarrassing? This was going to kill me.