So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 10

Shuffling and stomps were heard inside and outside of my room, causing me to groan and open one eye sleepily. Sakura, who I had to share a room with, had already left the room, and Naruto was the person in the hallway. "I knew I should’ve slept in a tree." I mumbled as I pushed myself up from the floor. "Trees are the way to go. Stupid ground…"

Amused by my own statement, I found the strength to slowly make my way to my backpack to get dressed. Which only took a few seconds anyway, I finished buttoning up with white shirt I put on and blinked. It seemed quiet… and that’s unusual with Naruto around, and not only that, but I couldn’t even hear Sakura’s high-pitched voice!

I stood still and tried my best to listen for any familiar noises, but only a slight breeze blew in through the window. Looking around once again, I finally sighed in defeat. "Maybe they got kidnapped…"

"I can’t stand you!"

Ah, nope. They’re still here. Darn, all hope is gone now. Immediately I walked over to the window to see if they were out there and to see exactly who was talking, and they were and it was Naruto. Maybe it would’ve been smart to look out the window before, but oh well.

Thinking back on it now, I think that’s all I’ve heard for the past two days, ‘I can’t stand you, I can’t stand you.’

Anyway, deciding that I wanted to go join the group. I opened the window and jumped out, because that’s the reasonable way.

As I approached them, everything got silent. Don’t you hate when that happens? Not to mention the tension in the air, but they tried their best to ignore it and stuff. "Go on ahead, I have to clean up here." Sai told them, though I have no idea what they’re talking about.

"I’ll help!" Sakura replied, and picked up a random book… only to stare at it. "Did you draw this, too?"

"So nosey." I said from my spot, which was behind Naruto.

Sai grabbed the book, "Yes."

—And then I zoned out, blankly staring at the wind blown trees ahead of me, random thoughts started to flow through my mind. You know what? I really miss bursting out in random songs… I should do that again. I really need new songs though… I wish I could go back to my own world just to get some new songs. Sighing quietly, I looked around to see that my three teammates from before weren’t here now.

"Naomi! We’re leaving you behind!" Naruto yelled while waving goodbye to me.

"Uh… hey! Wait!" I cried back before running up to them. And within a few seconds, caught up with them and grinned. "I’ve got a new complaint, forever in debt to your priceless advice."

"…What—"

"Nooo! She’s back to quoting songs!" Naruto whined, cutting off Sakura. It made me feel so happy inside.

"What kind of song is that?" Sai questioned in a somewhat rude tone.

With my arms crossed over my chest, very offended, I told him, "Don’t question the amazing songs I have."

As we were walking away from the Hot springs place, Yamato suddenly turned around. "So, has your rapport improved?"

"Oh no." I mumbled to myself and slowly backed away from the group. Knowing our team, our rapport will never improve.

I don’t even know what happened, but Naruto was next to me, waving his arms around like an idiot. "I-it’s fine! Our rapport is fine!"

"Naruto looks like he’s enjoying himself…"

Sakura turned to look at Sai incredulously. "What are you talking about? That’s a fake smile any way you look at it."

"Really?"