One Shot (7)

A/n- Ok, so I've been updating a LOT from this book because I recently had my gallbladder removed. It's been a week now and I'm still in some pain and discomfort, but I'm slowly getting better! And Aleheather has basically been medicine for me. It's helping me get through this treacherous week of healing💕

**

Title: Baby Bump

Rating: K

**

Alejandro came back to a silent house after a long day of work. All the lights were off in the living room and the kitchen looked spotless. Heather must be asleep already. He placed his things down and walked down the hallway. He knocked lightly on the door before opening.

Instead of what he initially thought, his wife was wide awake on her phone watching a show. She was propping the device up with her seven month pregnant stomach.

He sat down on the side of the bed and started rubbing her shoulder. "How did you feel today, mi amor?" He asked gently.

She put her index finger up to his lips. "Shh, hold on." He raised his eyebrows, then rolled his eyes when he saw she was finishing up the last couple minutes of a Grey's Anatomy episode.

Once it was over, she shut her phone off. "I felt fine. How was your day?"

"Oh, the usual. Talking to people I don't care about," he chuckled, kissing her forehead and sliding under the covers with her.

"I forgot how that felt. I kinda miss yelling at stupid people."

"You'll be doing plenty that in the next few months," he laughed again.

"...I'll be a mother next time I come to work."

"And I'll be a papa," he smiled tenderly, rubbing her stomach. "Oh! Did I just feel mi hija kick?"

"Yep," Heather sighed. "She's trying to get out. I wouldn't be surprised if she came early. She's a master strategist," she smirked.

"Si." Alejandro snuggled against her, keeping his hand on her stomach.

"Bruiser was laying on me and purring earlier. He loves the baby."

"Of course he does," he rolled his eyes with a pout. "He loves anyone that's not me."

"He's just mad because you took his spot in bed with me," she giggled.

He laughed, still looking at her stomach adoringly. Even after seven months, Alejandro still couldn't believe he was about to be a father. He'd have another life to take care of in just two months. It was scary but exciting at the same time. He placed a light kiss onto her abdomen and gently laid his head on her bump.

Heather ran her hands through his hair, a warm, genuine smile across her lips. She felt as if she were being covered by a huge blanket of love and affection. It was almost too much. "Alejandro," she whispered.

"Mm hm?"

"I love you so much. And our daughter."

He gave her the most loving and tender look he'd ever given anyone in his life. I love you too, Heather. More than life. And our preciosa child. My perfect familia." His eyes watered with tears of happiness.

"Alejandro, don't cry...shoot..." Tears raced down Heather's cheeks. "Ugh," she wiped her nose with a sniffle. "I'm so emotional. I've already cried over Grey's Anatomy today and you've made it worse."

"I'm sorry, mi amor. I can't help it. These are some of the happiest moments in my life." He slowly crawled over her and kissed her lips.

"Mine too," she sighed contently.

Sometimes, a moment like this was all they needed.