One Shot (5)

Title: Worried

Rating: Teen

Warnings: Language

**

Heather felt like her limbs had been torn off her body after Courtney and Gwen were finished "torturing" her. She could hardly walk all the way to the banquet hall. Thanks to her helpful teammates.

"There's some kind of...jewelry case on the table," Courtney observed from outside the window. "I guess we go in and get it." Heather was too busy rubbing her now aching sides to pay attention. Ugh, my hips feel so out of place. Courtney turned towards her. "Can it be that easy?"

Seriously? She can not expect me to go in after all I've been through! "You two gal pals go in," she crossed her arms. "I'll guard the door."

Courtney looked at Gwen with an angry expression and Gwen reciprocated her look. "How is that fair?" Courtney said.

"I'll show you fair!" Heather snapped, pointing at her. "Have you even SEEN the rack marks on my ankles?!" They both flinched, slowly backing away and going in.

Heather waited for a couple minutes and got bored. She took out her nail filer from her pocket. "Ugh, what is taking them so long?!"

She saw a shadow in the corner of her eye. She gasped lightly and looked around. Obviously Jack The Ripper isn't alive anymore. But fuck, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris hired a real serial killer!

Heather turned to her right and saw none other than Jack the Ripper. She let out a loud scream and dropped her nail filer. She was shoved into a bag. All she saw was darkness. She tried to get out, but it was no use. All she had to do was hope and pray that this was one of Chris's stupid schemes.

After what felt like forever, Heather was tossed somewhere. "Ow-shit!" She cursed as she landed on her knees. Whoever it was untied the bag. She quickly got up and saw that she was back in the tour plane. And...he did it again.

"Welcome back, Heather!" Chris walked in, his usual overly wide grin across his lips. "Where's-" she looked around and the "Ripper" was nowhere to be seen. She then saw Cody and Sierra talking in the corner. It looked like Sierra was trying to kiss him or something.

"Unfortunately, you're in third to last place. But...that also means you get to watch your teammates try and find the rest of the clues!" A tv came down to her right. The cameras were on Team Chris is Really Really Really Really Hot. Owen and Noah running out of the "torture" room. By the way, where's Alejandro?

"We forgot Tyler."

"How is that hilarious?"

"Sorry, dude but you got so good at being quiet-ah!!"

Chris burst out laughing. "Looks like we'll be seeing Tyler here shortly."

"...Where's Alejandro?" Heather asked.

The Spaniard walked in. "Who asked?" He said smoothly.

Heather froze up for a minute and swallowed hard. "Heather did!" Sierra blabbed, pointing to the raven-haired girl. Gee, thanks, Sierra.

A very slow and familiar smirk crept across his lips. "Ah, Heather. Were you worried about me?"

"Uh...pshh! No way! I was just wondering because...if you weren't there it would be a bigger advantage for my team."

"Didn't think I was listening in the whole time?"

"Um, ugh..." she flushed red. "What did I even say?"

"You were incredibly worried, chica. More worried than some of my teammates," he retorted, thinking of the way Noah referred to him as an 'eel dipped in grease.' Slippery. He is so next to go if we lose.

"Well...you heard what I said!" Heather snapped, crossing her arms. "I was only wondering for the good of my team! Not for you!" Thank goodness he's alright.

"Sure."

"...Excuse me?"

"I said sure." He stepped closer to her. "And..." he lowered his voice. "I don't believe a word coming out of your mouth. You were so worried."

Her cheeks turned bright pink. "...Ok, so? That could've easily been a real serial killer!"

"Yeah, I know. But I still think it's sweet. I'm glad it was I who was held hostage instead of you. I don't know how I would've been acting. Probably really...worried."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I was never that worried."

"I could see you visibly shaking on camera."

"It was for the effect!"

"Heather, it's ok to worry sometimes. Especially if you're worried about me. I truly appreciate it."

Ugh. Stupid jerk. "Fine. I was worried about you. Happy?!"

His face lit up. "That's all I needed to hear! Thank you!"

"Needing me to boost your ego, huh?"

He laughed. "No, I don't need you for that, chica. Any girl would do." That didn't feel right.

"Then why did you ask me?"

"...Because you're here."

She found herself smirking. Now's my chance to turn it around on him while we're waiting for the others.