vii

Alexa

Calum walks into our house with his stuff and he looked ready to go. He threw his stuff down and walked into our kitchen. I shook my head at him and his habits.

"Calum, do you have the keys?" I asked, walking into the kitchen finding some ingredients sitting out.

"Yeah, they're in my back pocket." He informs me. Without thinking, I reached down and stuck my hand in his pocket to fish out the keys. Calum swirls around making my hand come out of his pocket. He gives me a weird look.

"I didn't know you wanted me that bad, jeez." He said. It took me a moment to process what I had just done.

"Oh, sorry, I'm just used to doing that with the girls." I apologized. He smirked.

"Grabbing their butts?" He asked cheekily. I shoved him away when he got to close to my face to the point of where I just wanted to grab him and ― nevermind.

"No, grabbing things out of their pockets." I explain.

"Like butts." He laughed. How does that even work? I shook my head and looked at the stuff on the counter, it was a mixture of what Leianne was going to make before getting the skype call and what Calum was about to make just now.

Leianne was trying to make crèpes. I so got this, not to brag ― which always means I'm about to brag ― but I learned how to make crèpes from two of the best. A.K.A. My parents. My mom went to culinary school and used to be a personal chef and my dad had to learn how to cook when he was on his own after the divorce.

I immediately got to work. Calum eventually just gave up on what he was making after he saw me cooking something else. When I was finally done, I looked around the kitchen and had managed to keep it clean. Myself, on the other, hand not so much. Whenever I cooked, I always manage to get food all over me. I set the table and put the food out. Calum, Anna, and Leianne all started to dig in and Leianne was teaching Calum how to assemble them, and Anna just grabbed the whipped cream and a box of lucky charms and made that into a crepe. At this point, I should be used to her being picky but, it still hurts when I put all this effort into cooking for all of us, then she just picks at it, only eating the parts she likes. It reminded me of a child, in a way.

I walked over to the boys house to tell Luke and Ashton that breakfast was ready. I walked in to find Luke standing on a stool in the middle of the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He looked up at me with a frightened look.

"There is a man-eating spider on that soda can." He says when I'm halfway across the room.

"What?!" I squeal. Luke grabs my arm and pulls me onto the stool.

"Where is it?" I asked panicking. He points to an old soda can sitting two feet from us. Sitting there is a spider, it was smaller than I thought and looked harmless, but it's always the innocent looking ones that are the most dangerous. I hear Ashton come down the stairs.

"What's going on?" He asks from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ashton, please save us. There is a man-eating-giant-ass-scary-looking spider!" Luke says, pleadingly. Ashton rolls his eyes. He looks to where Luke is pointing.

"Shit, we are all gonna die!" Ashton says scrambling behind us.

"On three, we all make a run for the door, yeah?" I say.

"Yeah"

"Yeah," I hear them say.

"One... two.. three!" I yell and we all make a run for the door. We all make it outside and slam the front door closed.