xi

[a day later]

Alexa

I, basically, had to peel my eyes open this morning. I stayed up really late talking with my mom and catching up with her. It was really nice, but, now, I feel like a zombie. I came to my senses when Melissa laid down a mug of hot chocolate in front of me and I looked up at her and smiled as a thank you, she nodded and sat beside me with her own mug. We were just waiting for breakfast. My family was going to leave tonight, so we decided to just have a chill day. Yesterday, all we did was refurnish and decorate the house. The house now looks like a Pinterest board. Man, I'm so excited for the boys to trash the house when they come over! Not.

Melissa decided to come back after my dad and my younger siblings left. After my dad left, it was like nothing happened. I was kind of weirded out, because I thought everyone would feel really awkward around Melissa after her huge fight with my dad two nights ago.

On today's agenda, some of the boys and the girls, Lauren, Seth, and I were gonna go down to the tracks. We mentioned the tracks to Lauren and Seth and showed them pictures and they wanted to go. Then we're gonna go get lunch and then Michael has work and we're gonna have a movie marathon.

Mom put down a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast in front of me and my mouth started to water. I, instantly, dug in. Melissa played with her food as she ate, she has looked really down in the dumps the past few days, I really need to talk to her. Anna scarfed her food down and raved about bacon. Leianne was upstairs eating because she was on Skype with her siblings. Lauren and Seth already had their breakfast so Lauren was just on the phone with her best friend and Seth was doing something on his laptop on the couch. Ashton was in the corner of the table, eating as he watched something on his phone with earphones on. Luke and Calum were practicing in their house, they wanted to film a Youtube cover after breakfast. As usual, Michael was the last one to report to breakfast.

As I finished my scrambled eggs, Michael walks in. He looked happy and in a good mood, which I praised the God for. I was kind of getting tired of him being angry and grumpy all the time.

"Anna," Melissa spoke up after everyone in the room has been quietly eating their food for the last few minutes. Anna looks up from her phone attentively, "so, are you applying for the next play?"

Anna shrugs, "I really want to do it, but I don't want to do it alone. I don't want to walk in there and know no one."

"I can do it with you," I offered, Anna perked up.

"I can come in as crew for days I don't work or already have plans," Melissa adds.

"I―I might audition, too," Ashton said as he pulled out his earphones.

Melissa and I turned and smirked at each other. Ashna was progressing.

"Crew?" Michael asked as he pulled out a carton of orange juice from the fridge, "Isn't that, like, heavy lifting?"

"Not all the time," Melissa answered, "There's painting and costumes and stuff."

"Ash, are you gonna audition as an actor?" Anna asked Ashton.

"Yeah, but I don't think I'm gonna get a part," Ashton doubts himself, shrugging, "I don't have any experience."

"We can coach you until you have to audition," I said, "I feel like you're going to be a natural."

Ashton just shrugs shyly and started texting on his phone. Anna gets up and rinses her plate. Michael places a glass of orange juice in front of Melissa as he sat down with his glass as well.