iii [private]

Alexa

My eyes shot open, my heart racing. The surface beneath me was jumping up and down. What's happening? Is there an earthquake? I hear faint sounds of screams, but I couldn't quite make it out. Am I dead?

A scream escaped my lips as something landed on top me and everything seems to jump up and down. Is this is an earthquake? and did the roof just collapse on me?

Soon, everything became more clear and I realize I was laying on my bed, Anna was on top of me and Melissa was jumping up and down on my bed. Leianne kinda just stood beside my bed, blankly staring at Melissa and Anna with cake in her hands.

Melissa and Anna won't stop chanting 'Happy Birthday!' and Leianne just stayed quiet, shaking her head at the girls.

A laugh escaped my lips, pushing Anna off of me.

"Happy birthday!" Leianne cheers as I sat up, she places a small circle cake on my lap that had a couple of candles on top.

"Make a wish!" Anna says, shoving my shoulder lightly.

"Okay! Okay!" I laugh.

I close my eyes and then think to myself 'I wish to become famous' and blow the candles. Typical wish, I know, but hey, I would be a pretty awesome celebrity.

"What did you wish for?" Melissa asks, hopeful to get an answer.

"It's a secret." I say smugly, putting my chin up in the air.

"I bet you she wished to date Calum." Anna whispers.

"Jesus Christ, Anna. I've told you this 5 billion times! People don't say 'date' after middle school! It's so immature and inadequate! And you're 20 years old! We say 'going steady' now." Melissa says.

"Nobody says 'going steady' these days, Melissa! And 'inadequate' is my word!" Anna shots back.

Anna and Melissa then gets into a huge fight about immaturity and words. Leianne and I just look at each other and shrug, ignoring Anna and Melissa's constant bickering.

"Where are the boys?" I ask, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"They're getting ready for 'the tracks' thing they were talking about yesterday." Leianne shrugs.

"What are 'the tracks' exactly?" I ask. Placing the cake on the table beside my bed since I wasn't really in the mood to have cake for breakfast.

"No idea." Leianne says, shaking her head. "The boys said to pack a change of clothes and whatever you guys need."

Out of all four of us, Leianne was the most responsible and quiet. Sure, I was also responsible and quiet, but she was even more quiet. She's sort of a wallflower ― without the party part ― unless she's around her friends, even then she's pretty quiet. Laughing at our jokes and occasionally exclaiming 'Oh, my gosh! So one time..' and she goes on into a story then Anna, rudely, interrupts her and start talking about herself. I know she doesn't really mean it, it's just a bad trait of her.

"Melissa, Anna, did you hear me?" Leianne asks, stopping their little fight.

"What?" Anna asks, turning to look at Leianne while her hands were tangled with Melissa's hair since they were just tugging on each other hair.

"Bring your phones, tablets, laptops, and your portable charges." Leianne simply stated, rolling her eyes since she knew Melissa and Anna was just going to be on their electronics the whole time.

"Okay!" Melissa shouts, running out of the room. Followed by Anna.

"Don't forget to pack a change of clothes!" I shout after them. I sigh, standing up and giving Leianne a quick hug and told her a quick 'thank you' before jumping into the shower.