iv

Melissa

Light shined through the little cabin and without thinking, I buried my face deeper into something to avoid the sunlight. I then realized, that something happened to be Michael. His chest rose and fell as he breathed out heavily in his sleep, an occasional snore leaving his lips. I had to get in the same sleeping bag as him because they only had a couple. I bury my face deeper onto his chest and tugged at the sleeping bag closer. Smiling to myself as sleep started to take me over again.

That is, until I heard a camera go off.

My eyes shot open and I turned around and saw everybody staring at us, giggling and taking videos or pictures on their phones and cameras. Once they realized that I had caught them, they instantly put their phones and cameras away and ran. I start to get up to chase them but, then I realized I was held in place by Michael's arms wrapped around my waist. A blush crept onto my cheeks and I laid back down, staring at his sleepy state. I pushed some of his hair out of his face and he started to stir in his sleep. I immediately jerked my arm back and close my eyes to make it look like I was asleep.

"Morning, beautiful." Michael says, tucking a strand of hair behind my ears. I felt my cheeks heat up even more. Did he just call me beautiful? Was I suppose to hear that? He probably still thinks I'm asleep.

"Morning, faggot." I say back, opening my eyes. His eyes widen and his cheeks flushed red once he realized I was awake. He immediately unwraps his arms around my waist and tries to scoot away from me as much as possible, which really wasn't very successful because we were zipped inside a one-person-sleeping-bag.

"Y-You didn't hear what I said right?" He asks, struggling to unzip the sleeping bag.

"No." I lie. "What did you say?"

"Nothing." He instantly answers, shaking his head as he finally unzipped the sleeping bag.

We both scramble out of the sleeping bag and I sigh, running my hand through my face and my hair. I pick up my phone and go through my texts and emails to see if I had anything to do at my job. I lazily trudge out of the cabin, just noticing the sweet aroma of barbecue. I look up and saw everybody staring at Michael and I.

"So, how was cuddling?" Ashton asks, turning too look at us as he cooked barbecue on a grill.

I blush furiously and focus my eyes on my phone.

"W-What?" Michael stutters. Smiling sheepishly.

"Oh, come on. Don't tell me you didn't wrap your arms around Melissa purposely. And Melissa, we all saw you snuggling up on Michael, trying to close any gap between you guys." Leianne teases, wiggling her eyebrows at us and giggling.

"I subconsciously hug things in my sleep." Michael defends himself. " I didn't mean to wrap my arms around her. Gross."

"It was really bright out out, so, I tried to block the sun out." I mumble. Fiddling with my phone cover and staring down at it.

"By stuffing your face on Michael's chest." Alexa says, smirking.

"Fuck off." I groan, walking over to a log and slumping down on it.

"So, let's talk about your band." Alexa says. "What's it called?"

"5 Seconds of Summer And We Sort of Have Winter I Guess Just Ignore Ashton." I say, erupting of laughter afterwards with Anna laughing just as hard.

"I got that reference." Anna says between laughs.

"What?" Leianne asks, furrowing her eyebrows.